Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I think Cameron should pick new cabinet ministers like Alan Sugar selects his new apprentice. He just needs to select 12 candidates and put them into teams and set them simple tasks like surviving on benefits for a week, running a soup kitchen, appealing against an Atos decision, turning round a failing school or hospital. If any candidate can successfully complete all the tasks they should be given a cabinet job. If it was televised the public would really be able to see how deep the government's talent pool really is.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
satnav wrote:I think Cameron should pick new cabinet ministers like Alan Sugar selects his new apprentice. He just needs to select 12 candidates and put them into teams and set them simple tasks like surviving on benefits for a week, running a soup kitchen, appealing against an Atos decision, turning round a failing school or hospital. If any candidate can successfully complete all the tasks they should be given a cabinet job. If it was televised the public would really be able to see how deep the government's talent pool really is.
The problem with the apprentice as a model is that it tends to through up amoral backstabbing bastards.
So there's no change from the standard Tory selection process.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
This is one irritating fucker who has been picked out as a rising star.

Matthew Hancock
‏ @matthancockmp

Wow. No wonder Ken Livingstone didn't want to publish his tax return. He pays 14.5% due 2 avoidance schemes. Lower than a City Hall cleaner
Guess what? He was completely wrong. The 14.5% was the tax paid as a percentage of the company income. Funnily enough, Livingstone didn't take all the income as salary. He (shock!) left some in the company at the year end. Funnily enough, that wasn't taxable because... he didn't take it. I think this is one of the "avoidance schemes" Hancock spotted.
The sad faces of wronged Mail readers

I was told it's nothing to do with jackets and i[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Externalisation of the locus of control. https://[…]

GE 2020

Even though he played a prominent role in thwar[…]

David Cameron

As Charlie Brooker pointed out, he did it in TV in[…]