Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By SoulBoy
Membership Days Posts
A thread for real time reports on overheard conversations...

To start this thread on a, I assume all too brief, positive note -

That fucking Murdoch, the sooner he dies, the sooner they all die, the better...

Bar flies poring over the sun on Sunday... tempted to drink up and quit while I am ahead, there is still daily star Sunday in the rack...

NOTE - in the time it takes to type this the death penalty has also been handed down to Gerry Adams and Andre Villas boas...
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Can I expand that to the twat I work with, who on Thursday came out with, in quick succession, the following gems, all aimed at me:

"You know what your problem is? You're only applying for jobs you want to do."

"Anyone who's been on the dole as long as you have needs a boot up the arse - anyone can get a job if they put their mind to it."

"No, I'm not getting at you, you're a genuine one. It's all the other so-called 'jobseekers' (yes, he said those exact words!) that need their benefits cutting off." (that was after I offered him a choice of guts or face for my first punch)

He volunteers for us for one morning a week, and that morning is hellish. He's 75 years old and is a cunt. A loathsome, self-satisfied, sexist, racist, thinks-he's-hilarious, genuinely unpleasant cunt. He was once in the army. He reminds us of this every 5 minutes. We are this close to telling him to fuck off, but fear he'd just keep turning up anyway.
By torontoboy45
Membership Days
'see what happens? let one chink in and the fucking place swarms with them! anything with a pulse and a green fee gets to play, these days. caught 2 playing off the white tees last week. I soon put 'em fucking right'.

step forward GOLF CLUB BORE in the clubhouse bar last week, complaining that the course is being overrun (which it isn't) with chinese/korean students from a nearby college.

much as I love the game it's got an image problem, not helped by aforementioned twat and numerous other golfing shitheads.
By Big Rob
Kreuzberger wrote:
Big Rob wrote:I loved starting pub arguments with bigots. Just for the hell of it.
The fact that half the fuckers are armed just adds to the fun :twisted:
Past tense. That was back in Sunderland where it kept me fit. I would not argue in a redneck bar no siree.....
By Paul
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:The clubhouse. The spiritual home of UKIP.
My best mate of 32 years moved into Golf in a big way about 15 years ago, after I introduced him to it in 1987.

I gave my clubs away in 1999, having witnessed nothing but racist bigotry in the clubhouse for years.

My best mate, is now Club Chairman and is a totally different person, obnoxious and nasty.

The sad thing is that he says he is " in touch " but the same 4 ball go out all the time, sharing their views.

His loss not mine.
By Gourami
Membership Days Posts
Paul wrote: The sad thing is that he says he is " in touch " but the same 4 ball go out all the time, sharing their views.
Interesting typo?

My lasting impression of people I've known who have gone to golf is that quite a few of them have been keen on acquiring some social cachet but also have nothing to offer. They're not intelligent, witty, informed, experienced, etc. Just little people who need to be big and are spending their way there.

I also know a few who like the game itself and mostly avoid the 19th hole. Having being dragged around some pitch and putt stuff many years ago I can see how some people are into the skill and technique of it all. I can also see this about football but I don't want to be anywhere that sport either.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Gourami wrote:
Paul wrote: The sad thing is that he says he is " in touch " but the same 4 ball go out all the time, sharing their views.
Interesting typo?

My lasting impression of people I've known who have gone to golf is that quite a few of them have been keen on acquiring some social cachet but also have nothing to offer. They're not intelligent, witty, informed, experienced, etc. Just little people who need to be big and are spending their way there.

I also know a few who like the game itself and mostly avoid the 19th hole. Having being dragged around some pitch and putt stuff many years ago I can see how some people are into the skill and technique of it all. I can also see this about football but I don't want to be anywhere that sport either.
It fails to tick my boxes.
The fact the the ball is played from a static lie and there is no team interaction makes it slow and dull for me.

I say this as a big cricket fan, an equally slow and time consuming game.
I've always enjoyed the fact that during the "dead time", there's usually something going on with field placings and tactics.
The game also benefits from the many permutations of batting against bowling style - at least to a seasoned viewer.

Sorry folks, off on a tangent there.
By Gourami
Membership Days Posts
Not a pub, as much a bistro cum bar. It is a bourgeois life I lead.

Man watching TV news about stamps going to 60p: "It's a fucking disgrace! They want to renationalise the fucking Royal Mail!!"

Man's mate: "..."

TV Presenter "...and speculation is mounting that the move may herald the privatisation of the Royal Mail later this year..."

Man's mate "..."

Man becomes engrossed in his drink. :lol:
Labour, Generally.

Ian Lavery was on TV this evening doing his Plain-[…]

Labour Policies 2019/20

A thread to discuss the several policies which wil[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Well, I suggested taking the batteries out and l[…]

The Today Programme

He already has a Mail column, doesn't he?