Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Tom_UK
Membership Days Posts
Althea wrote:Today's is going great. Daily Fail's radio listings from last weekend suggested Sue Perkins as the fourth guest (alongside Jeremy Hardy, Andy Hamilton and Rebecca Front), but instead it's Bridget... um... someone.

But it's great. Jeremy Hardy is absolutely brilliant.
Bridget Christie. A comedian and also Stewart Lee's wife.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Bridget Christie has been on the show at least a couple of times before so its a good chance it was her - I normally download the Friday Night Comedy podcast to listen later. When she was on a couple of years she had a story about how her now husband arranged their honeymoon to be at the Shetland Islands. In the middle of winter! She thought the place might have been like say the west coast of Ireland but when she got to Shetland there was nothing to with just around 4 hours of daylight a day. Literally nothing, she said it felt like she just landed on a barren treeless island and couldn't even do bird watching. The local tourist office there was open on the one day a week it was open at the time of year, and the woman there panicked when asked what to do and made up something about a nearby chocolate factory which didn't exist, so they just spent most of their time in their hotel room for a week not knowing what to do. At this point Fred McAuley interjects and points out to Bridget that 4 hours of daylight with nothing to see or do, her husband knew exactly what he was doing! :lol:

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Tom_MKUK wrote:Okay, which one of you lot sent in that classified advert for a half eaten Scotch egg that Bridget Christie read out at the end? :lol:
Definitely listen to it tonight then!

Edit: Actually this is myself being curious, what is the deal with the Scotch egg meme that has been floating around this board? I know its something to do with Littlejohn, but that's all I know.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
spoonman wrote:Actually this is myself being curious, what is the deal with the Scotch egg meme that has been floating around this board? I know its something to do with Littlejohn, but that's all I know.
Well it stems from this Charlie Booker review of Littlejohn's book.
Weirdly, they've chosen not to include any of Littlejohn's other bugbears on the cover: there are no gays or asylum seekers here. Unless, perhaps, they're crushed beneath Littlejohn's feet. It's hard to tell from the preview image on Amazon. I mean, I'd go into a bookshop and examine it in closer detail, but then I'd get Littlejohn on my hands, and my fingers would have that scotch-egg- car-fart stink on them for the rest of the day.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... okscomment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It just seems to have snowballed from there - long before my time - maybe one of the others could tell you more.
They have their own thread forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3772&hilit=scotch+eggs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By storygirl
Membership Days Posts
Tom_MKUK wrote:The Daily Mail have since had to ban the term 'Scotch egg' from comments under articles, following a (childish but highly amusing) Mailwatch comment campaign.

And Ouef de Ecosse....wonder what the German for it is?
Mark Francois MP

Have you noticed the stains on his shiny suit?

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Normally I don't respond to the Demon Headmaster[…]

The Sun

Well, if the government are losing the PR war, whe[…]

Labour, Generally.

Corbyn has woken up (or somebody with sense has wh[…]