Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Big Rob wrote:There's plenty of people who work bank holidays and not just in the public sector.

Sincerely, large financial corporations caused this mess and now it's the fault of the ordinary worker that the economy is still in a mess?

I am the surprised that the CEBR is not getting a few turds in the the post.

Have you seen the price of stamps these days??
The BBC by about 6 were trotting out someone else from another think tank that mentioned that the less holidays a worker has the less productive they become so the impact would according to him be smaller than the figures suggest.

It was a slow news day so they knew they could get it high up and it was also topical.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:I assume the CEBR are leading the way by attending work as normal on Bank Holidays.

I'm sure it must have been a tea break, but I tried their number and was diverted to an answering machine.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:I hope you left a message.

People like them getting in the news must be an example of this "cultural Marxism" I heard about on the Telegraph site.

I've yet to figure out how to send a turd down a phoneline (Even a Bristol #7).
Good news from Ellesmere Port.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18098657

Except:

As part of an agreement to invest in the factory, Vauxhall workers voted by 94% in favour of a new four-year pay and conditions deal that would enable the plant to work around the clock for 51 weeks of the year if necessary.

Sounds like they'll be working Easter as normal. Must be a lot of Muslims in that union.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Good news from Ellesmere Port.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18098657

Except:

As part of an agreement to invest in the factory, Vauxhall workers voted by 94% in favour of a new four-year pay and conditions deal that would enable the plant to work around the clock for 51 weeks of the year if necessary.

Sounds like they'll be working Easter as normal. Must be a lot of Muslims in that union.

No problems with that here provided the shifts are adequately staffed, no forced overtime and a decent rate for the unsocial hours.
(I have no idea whether that's the case, just saying)..
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

PETER OBORNE: The BBC is now facing a crisis as […]

Dacre's Prey

If ever there were proof that whatever your backg[…]

OK, apologies if this has been raised somewhere […]

Jeremy Corbyn.

A libel action can mean exemplary damages as well […]