Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Fozzy wrote:13. Patsy Kensit. Coming up in Would I Lie To You, though they'll probably edit the more stupid bits out.
Will that leave any clips of her at all though?
Jamelia was responsible for one of my favourite Buzzcocks moments when the Mystery Guest just happened to have sold a Kiss & Tell on her to the tabs. "Merkage" as I believe all the cool kids now call it.
15. Leamington Kilmister (aka Lemmy of Motorhead) NMTB. A friend of mine was in the audience that night. Having sat through two hours of Lamar and Jupitus ripping the piss out of him, Lemmy finally got up and staged a theatrical walk out, just after they had finished filming.
Last edited by oboogie on Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To be fair to Stacey Solomon, she did put in an appearence on Celebrity Mastermind last Christmas. She came last of the four contestants, but at least she gave it a go, which many celebrities not famed for being intelligent wouldn't consider.

But back to Jedward, I've seen them on NMTB and 8 out of 10 cats (both of which normally have 6 contestants so a diversion can be made if one becomes overbearing) but there's something in me that would love to see them booked for an episode of HIGNFY seated next to Hislop. Am I sadistic?
spoonman wrote:To be fair to Stacey Solomon, she did put in an appearence on Celebrity Mastermind last Christmas. She came last of the four contestants, but at least she gave it a go, which many celebrities not famed for being intelligent wouldn't consider.
The "at least they have a go/don't take themselves seriously/are having a laugh" boils my fucking piss though.

It's like when people try to justify what a waste of space Jordan is just because she has made a lot of money - "she can't be that stupid, she's rich". That's not the point - you could steal a huge load of cash but that doesn't mean your new found wealth makes your actions acceptable.

Just because someone like Solomon doesn't think she is clever (although who can say she doesn't) and isn't trying to convince us otherwise, doesn't mean it is any less unfair that someone as talentless and pointless as her, Winkleman, Dappy, Jedward and so on have managed to attain some degree of fame and money earning potential, ahead of many other people who are far more deserving.

She might have been a bit of a laugh on Mastermind, playing off her reputation as a complete dunderheaded Essex twat to earn her fame (and performing so badly on the show as to not subvert expectations), but just because she is a bubbly girlie who can laugh at herself doesn't mean we must accept her or what she represents.

Nice lesson to teach her kids as well - if you want to be rich but have no talent, don't work just play up to your regional or sexual stereotype like mummy.
A lot of women (well, trash-mag reading women) respect Jordan.

Why? She abandons her kids in order to pose with her fake nawks on beaches in foreign countries, she pays people to write books under her name (I think - could be wrong) and so on.

Good role model, my fat arse.
Nope, you're not wrong (about the books). She was on 'The Apprentice: You're Fired, Now Fuck Off' last night. Not as obnoxious as she usually is but completely out of her depth.
Not as bad as the 'comedian' who was on it, though, whoever the hell he was?
David Cameron

Compassionate conservatism: putting professionals […]

The sad faces of wronged Mail readers

I was told it's nothing to do with jackets and i[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Externalisation of the locus of control. https://[…]

GE 2020

Even though he played a prominent role in thwar[…]