Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
jguazu wrote:There's three who irritate me, can't remember what two of them are called though:
-The guy from Spingwatch (he was on HIGNFY this week). He seems way too joyless to be on those types of programmes, and insists on destroying the tone by being really serious and depressing - like on Room 101 when he started going on about how much of a better place the world would be if humans were extinct.
-The comedian who's often on Buzzcocks and looks a bit like a cocker spaniel.
-Ross Noble, because of his moaning about 'elf 'n' safety on Room 101, and because last time I saw him on QI about half the programme was devoted to him going off on some bizarre and unfunny tangent about throwing chimps into a lake of liquid methane on the moon.
I too was amazed he fell for that H & S rubbish, and from what I remember not only did no one call him out on it (partly a Bad Host issue) but it might not have been the only stupid thing he came out with - and that's coming from someone who's a big enough fan to pay London venue prices to see him live).

I'll go back and watch his second Room 101 again and check that, in the meantime his first 101 appearence with Merton is a far better one, if your faith needs to be restored.
Indeed. I've spotted a few moments in the past couple of series when for example, he will begin a small demonstration with some guff about what H&S have demanded the guests do to make sure they don't hurt themselves.

There is no need to mention it, and in fact I'm not convinced by any of it, it just gives some of the more pompous and smug Qi fans a good laugh about "Health and Safety nonsense".
You'd expect better from a man who hates the Daily Mail.
mojojojo wrote:Actually, if my memory serves me correctly I think he may have had a change of heart and talked about H&S myths. Certainly though in older series he could talk shite about it.
Well, he lost his family home and all his possessions in the big fires in Australia in 2009 then moved to London, according to wiki etc.
Personally I find his surreality a bit too forced and laboured at times but he's rarely if ever nasty but gently good natured so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

-
Patrick100 wrote:
mojojojo wrote:Actually, if my memory serves me correctly I think he may have had a change of heart and talked about H&S myths. Certainly though in older series he could talk shite about it.
Well, he lost his family home and all his possessions in the big fires in Australia in 2009 then moved to London, according to wiki etc.
Personally I find his surreality a bit too forced and laboured at times but he's rarely if ever nasty but gently good natured so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

-

I meant Stephen Fry.

I haven't got a problem with either of them. Phill Jupitus on the other hand...
I don't mind him so much on Buzzcocks, but I more dread to think who they'd replace him with if he left so I'm happy for them to keep him.
Andy McDandy wrote:And as for Claudia Winkleman, it may be just me, but I thin k she does a very good job on the Radio 2 Arts Show and as presenter of Film Night.
I haven't heard her on Arts Show, but I find her excruciating on Film 2012, and still get the feeling that she's been hired as eye candy.

The real cringe-inducer was her throwing out free poster-puff quotes for WE (for example here), whilst playing down that "worked on it" doesn't just mean that her husband was a cameraman or made the tea.
Samanfur wrote:
Andy McDandy wrote:And as for Claudia Winkleman, it may be just me, but I thin k she does a very good job on the Radio 2 Arts Show and as presenter of Film Night.
I haven't heard her on Arts Show, but I find her excruciating on Film 2012, and still get the feeling that she's been hired as eye candy.

The real cringe-inducer was her throwing out free poster-puff quotes for WE (for example here), whilst playing down that "worked on it" doesn't just mean that her husband was a cameraman or made the tea.
Don't get all this hate for her I like her, she's pretty funny, and enthusiastic . She seems to have a huge passion for films.
TOONARMY wrote:Don't get all this hate for her I like her, she's pretty funny, and enthusiastic . She seems to have a huge passion for films.
I quite like her, too. And she's not really "Genuinely Stupid" is she?

This is turning into "People I don't like on the Telly Box".
Hmm.

She and Clarkson were the stooges for the night. At least they're both able to laugh at themselves. Bridges and Merton seemed very sidelined.
Labour, Generally.

Reminds me of a line in an Austin Allegro review ([…]

Mark Francois MP

I have now.... :(

Whilst on the subject of "woke", I've ju[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Normally I don't respond to the Demon Headmaster[…]