Archive of topics from before June 2012. PM a mod to get one reopened.
  •  
  •  
  •  
By mojojojo
Membership Days Posts
#227195
Can you imagine being the kind of person that reads of the deaths of children and thinks "let's spice that up. Get some dirt on the father, sexy dirt. We're in the money with this one"?

report what happened, it's news. Report on the investigation, it's news. When they find the culprit report that, it's news. Apart from that shut the fuck up. And think for a second before you demonise people.
 
By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#230868
jlewis89 wrote:
Abernathy wrote:Hmmm. Police have now charged Mick Philpott and his missus with murder.

Suppose it'll be sub judice, so no cunty comments.


Have they been charged now? I though they had just been arrested and questioned.


My mistake, sorry. The report says arrested on suspicion of murder and being questioned - no charges yet.
By storygirl
Membership Days Posts
#230893
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:That's staggering.



Not really, Dad was a fireman, the number of people who think an easy way to get rehoused was a bit of arson is staggering. We constantly underestimate the danger of fire.
 
By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
#231162
I'm still staggered.
If they are guilty I can only assume that this is some scheme that went horribly wrong. Surely no man or woman not suffering from extreme distress would kill so many children, their own children, in this way?
By yumicho
Membership Days
#231200
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:If they are guilty I can only assume that this is some scheme that went horribly wrong. Surely no man or woman not suffering from extreme distress would kill so many children, their own children, in this way?


If they are guilty, I do hope it was something like that and not them being totally evil.
By Big Rob
#231225
My guess is we have no real idea what happened yet, courtesy of the British media, perhaps we should wait....

That said, for me personally, I have no problems thinking that humans will sink to the lowest level possible..... They do, every day, even when it is not sensationally reported.... :cough: Syria :cough:

That said, I no longer necessarily trust people making accusations either. (I no longer trust people generally)....

In this case.... innocent until proven guilty... due process and all of that...
 
By Arnold
Membership Days Posts
#231289
storygirl wrote:
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:That's staggering.



Not really, Dad was a fireman, the number of people who think an easy way to get rehoused was a bit of arson is staggering. We constantly underestimate the danger of fire.

The Crown Prosecution Service said: ‘The evidence was reviewed by a Crown Advocate from the CPS East Midlands Complex Casework Unit, who decided that there was sufficient evidence to charge and that it is in the public interest for a prosecution to take place.’

It wouldn't normally say that if it involved multiple murder charges.
By storygirl
Membership Days Posts
#231300
Arnold wrote:
storygirl wrote:
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:That's staggering.



Not really, Dad was a fireman, the number of people who think an easy way to get rehoused was a bit of arson is staggering. We constantly underestimate the danger of fire.

The Crown Prosecution Service said: ‘The evidence was reviewed by a Crown Advocate from the CPS East Midlands Complex Casework Unit, who decided that there was sufficient evidence to charge and that it is in the public interest for a prosecution to take place.’

It wouldn't normally say that if it involved multiple murder charges.


Dad went to a fire once where the parents thought cos they started it in the kitchen the children would be safe upstairs. I couldn't count the number of times he got called out to fires where all the furniture had mysteriously disappeared from the house, in one instance it was all piled up in the back yard. People are seriously unaware of the dangers.

In the reporting on the Derby case before the arrests it was mentioned that the family had been trying to get rehoused, and been refused.
Stephen Glover

When the mask slips, Corbyn neither thinks nor ta[…]

Apropos of KFC.. On twitter they follow 11 peopl[…]

Labour, Generally.

Indeed and here's Black's account of that meeting […]

Meanwhile in America

There was a piece on the news about a massive demo[…]