Feature and community announcements, and technical support relating to the forum itself
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
Interesting, thanks for the replies. If I'm logged in it happens all the time, either on my Android phone or my laptop (W10) using Firefox. Yet to try it with Opera. I'll try it under Linux another day.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
With me the circumstances are:

I post
For some reason the post appears twice
I try to delete one of the posts
I get that message
I have to leave the site an log in again

I am also getting a response where I click on a topic and I go to the penultimate, rather than the latest, page. For some reason this happens more on some pages than other.

By Samanfur
Membership Days Posts
I've been having that penultimate page problem for a while, too. It seems to happen in the football thread much more than most.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Same here.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Posts
Ditto. Maybe it's the size of the thread?

By Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Is anyone else being logged out today by Mailwatch?
It's happened to me several times today. Login to post a message, and been logged out before I can post it.

By Boiler
If you're using Google Chrome, that comes as no surprise to me. I usually find I have to tick the 'log me on automatically each visit' box to stop it doing precisely what you describe - and not just for this site either.

Chrome is crap anyway - use Opera.

By Arnold
Membership Days Posts
I've had to tick that box for a long time, but today it doesn't work. I get logged out almost immediately. Just by Mailwatch.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
It's happened to me a few times lately, and I use Safari. I am also finding that the fourth or fifth thread I click on takes ages to load - the first few are fine.

By Boiler
Today, as I'm chez Boiler, I'm using Opera. No need to tick the little box (ever) with that and apart from my usual cache gripe, no problems at all.

I suppose what we should be looking at are the underlying engines behind the various browsers.

Also, I don't know what version of phpBB this forum runs - current version is 3.2.1

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
All of which might prompt some to think that, the sooner we get off this shite, the better.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
+1
The Mail's Front Page Headline

Ah, I dunno that it's even that limited. I've neve[…]

Momentum

I will now lay my cards on the table and tell you […]

Would appreciate any Twitterers getting this out, […]

Nigel Farage

It's a hard time of year for anyone to find a spar[…]