Feature and community announcements, and technical support relating to the forum itself
:sunglasses: 28.6 % :thumbsup: 28.6 % :grinning: 28.6 % 😟 14.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Unfortunately it's pretty much a constant battle with spambots. For the last few years, the admin team have manually been activating accounts from a list of attempted registrations. It's anything up to about 100 a day with robotic registrations. We've now moved onto an automated screening system which largely seems to be functioning properly, but a couple so far have got through.
**** POLLS *****

The code fairy has been in the middle of the night and fixed the polls. TBH, it seems to me to be unnecessarily complex.

Basically, we can now see the checkboxes although clicking on the option itself is still required. That is, at first sight, somewhat counter-intuitive but I am guessing that we will all get the hang of it. Anything more requires a core hack. That is easy enough but, again, could give us gyp down the line.

@Timbo You might want to flush that Christmas Lunch poll so we can all start again.

It is probably also right and proper to issue a permanent and lifelong ban to any Enemies Of The Parsnip. We can't have that kind of negativity poisoning the discourse.
lambswool, spoonman liked this
OK, apologies if this has been raised somewhere else. I do remember seeing something about it and I tried something to counter it, but I still have this problem.

The problem being that I mainly read the site on my iphone (Safari browser). Since the reformatting, it's not easy to go to the latest posts. In the forum list, I get the thread titles, but no numbers indicating the latest pages. I have to click on the forum title, which takes me to the first page. I then have to scroll to the bottom of the first page in order to see the page numbers, so I can view the latest post.

On my tablet/laptop (Chrome), there is no problem, and I can see the page numbers alongside the thread titles where they always were.

Is there any way around the Safari issue? Ta.
Old Applejack wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:48 pm
OK, apologies if this has been raised somewhere else. I do remember seeing something about it and I tried something to counter it, but I still have this problem.

The problem being that I mainly read the site on my iphone (Safari browser). Since the reformatting, it's not easy to go to the latest posts. In the forum list, I get the thread titles, but no numbers indicating the latest pages. I have to click on the forum title, which takes me to the first page. I then have to scroll to the bottom of the first page in order to see the page numbers, so I can view the latest post.

On my tablet/laptop (Chrome), there is no problem, and I can see the page numbers alongside the thread titles where they always were.

Is there any way around the Safari issue? Ta.
Thanks for flagging this. I have done a quick layout change for phones and tablet.

Click the '+' icon (1), that will reveal the details on that topic. Then click the kinda 'go' icon (2) and that will take you to the latest post.

Once you are there, you will see page navigation just beneath that post or you can scroll up to see previous pearls of wisdom.

LMK if this is unclear!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 18.18.12.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 18.18.12.png (172.84 KiB) Viewed 1847 times
Labour, Generally.

Yes, but for some, pro Palestine means anti Isra[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

I've known many a fine female knobjockey in my tim[…]

Richard Dawkins

Brilliant. Coruscating wit. Cartoon parody proves […]

Jeremy Corbyn.

An incompetent Orban is not an international reput[…]