Feature and community announcements, and technical support relating to the forum itself
:sunglasses: 28.6 % :thumbsup: 28.6 % :grinning: 28.6 % :cry: 14.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
Posts LikeBB
Interesting, thanks for the replies. If I'm logged in it happens all the time, either on my Android phone or my laptop (W10) using Firefox. Yet to try it with Opera. I'll try it under Linux another day.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
With me the circumstances are:

I post
For some reason the post appears twice
I try to delete one of the posts
I get that message
I have to leave the site an log in again

I am also getting a response where I click on a topic and I go to the penultimate, rather than the latest, page. For some reason this happens more on some pages than other.

By Boiler
Posts LikeBB
If you're using Google Chrome, that comes as no surprise to me. I usually find I have to tick the 'log me on automatically each visit' box to stop it doing precisely what you describe - and not just for this site either.

Chrome is crap anyway - use Opera.

By Boiler
Posts LikeBB
Today, as I'm chez Boiler, I'm using Opera. No need to tick the little box (ever) with that and apart from my usual cache gripe, no problems at all.

I suppose what we should be looking at are the underlying engines behind the various browsers.

Also, I don't know what version of phpBB this forum runs - current version is 3.2.1

By Boiler
Posts LikeBB
There's a lot of forum software out there - phpBB, vBulletin, XenForo to name but a few - but please God, not the WordPress plugin. It is glacially slow.

I've not looked to see what the bugfixes for phpBB 3 resolve yet.
ETA: https://www.phpbb.com/support/documents ... elog#v3012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
US election 2020

Duncan (Hunter) being Duncan. I wouldn't be surpr[…]

Peter Hitchens

But you can absolutely guarantee he's a stickler f[…]

Anther one from HM 'Government'. According to an a[…]

The Tories, Generally

:D https://twitter.com/RobinFlavell/status/13193[…]