Feature and community announcements, and technical support relating to the forum itself
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By lambswool
Membership Days
Hope you enjoyed your afternoon out in the fresh air, Esqui. If the weather down your way was similar to ours, it's been an ideal day for a walk.

Thank you for all your hard work. And same goes for all who had an input in the changes. I must say the disruption was minimal.

Have just seen Fozzy's post and I second her request.
By Carlos The Badger
Membership Days Posts
Small point, that I think may have been mentioned before.

You've got a "The Government" thread that just seems to contain [mainly] Tory party stuff. Apart from the fact that you're going to have to change that in (hopefully) less than two years time. Not everything Tory is government related. BoJo's in there but (as far as I'm aware) he's not part of [my] government. And one on Twatcher's old knickers, purleeze!

And then there's the semantics. Surely the "Labour" thread should be called "The Opposition" if you're sticking with the above.

Just seems a bit odd.
By Carlos The Badger
Membership Days Posts
Personally I'd hide this Announcments section from non-members (Everyone).
For one it's got nothing to do with them and also it turns my stomach to think of Wally/Bitty knowing what's going on.

This whinging is feckin' great. Innit. I'm off to watch Africa soon, taking the iPud with me—expect more input. Hurhurhur! :wink:

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Carlos The Badger wrote:Small point, that I think may have been mentioned before.

You've got a "The Government" thread that just seems to contain [mainly] Tory party stuff. Apart from the fact that you're going to have to change that in (hopefully) less than two years time. Not everything Tory is government related. BoJo's in there but (as far as I'm aware) he's not part of [my] government. And one on Twatcher's old knickers, purleeze!

And then there's the semantics. Surely the "Labour" thread should be called "The Opposition" if you're sticking with the above.

Just seems a bit odd.
I'd say there should be a thread for each of the political parties, in which case, is there a need for a separate Government thread? Especially as most of the major players have their own threads already.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I'm with that, a thread for each party plus a government thread. Yus.
Also send this to the Secret Section.

And when anyone new signs up, send them a nice, warm affirming message and remind them to go to the introduce y'self and introduce themselves. Self. Selves. Something like that.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Could the UKIP threads be merged please? There's still four of them, as far as I can see, plus the Farage one, which I would call number five. Also Introductions should be one of the first things new members see at the top of the board rather than hidden away down at the bottom.
It should be mentioned in the standard welcome email/message they get from the mods when they are accepted.
Last edited by oboogie on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jeremy Corbyn.

This is quite interesting. It is one of the more c[…]

Sad Faces in Local Papers

Northern Irish local newspapers are generally quit[…]

If.

The Northern Irish thread

https://twitter.com/wee_baldy_ian/status/116487823[…]