Feature and community announcements, and technical support relating to the forum itself
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By JuanTwoThree
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Can't the front page http://www.mailwatch.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; get a bit of a revamp? Or disappear? I realise these things take time and effort to maintain but the page would be better off not being there at all than how it is now. Couldn't the the forum page pop straightaway, if that's possible? Or there just be a link to the forum and nothing else? I'm sure many people arrive at the page and assume that the whole endeavour has gone dead.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
When I edit a post the first time I click submit I get an error message. It always works on the second attempt however.

Using "View unread posts" I find that, after viewing a selected post, if I use the back button the page doesn't refresh and it only updates if I click "View unread posts" again.

And the search function doesn't work for me either.

Have you been storing your nuts in the air intake again Esqui?
By Lardboy
Membership Days
JuanTwoThree wrote:Can't the front page http://www.mailwatch.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; get a bit of a revamp? Or disappear? I realise these things take time and effort to maintain but the page would be better off not being there at all than how it is now. Couldn't the the forum page pop straightaway, if that's possible? Or there just be a link to the forum and nothing else? I'm sure many people arrive at the page and assume that the whole endeavour has gone dead.
Or at least for a temporary workaround, stick in a meta refresh (or equivalent in whatever technology) to the forum home page?
By merk
Membership Days Membership Days
Hi,

As Esqui says above, we're discussing this now there is supposed to be a whole team of people who were writing articles for the blog but they've all either got too much real life stuff on or have disappeared off the face of the earth.

So my plan is to archive the old site and most probably just link mailwatch.co.uk to the forum.

We will do something in the next week or 2. :)
The Trump Presidency

On the positive side neoliberalism is dying, inc[…]

The Northern Irish thread

She'll have to make 98 or 103 in order to out[…]

Labour, Generally.

If you'd won the argument, you'd be in Downing Str[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Johnson went to Brussels to agree to accept the […]