Feature and community announcements, and technical support relating to the forum itself
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Esqui
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Hi everyone,

As some of you may have noticed, my name is no longer red. After 7 years (I still can't believe it's been that long), I am relinquishing my admin duties. The reason for this is purely personal - I have a lot going on in my personal and work lives, and the admin role here often makes things too much. While I do enjoy it mostly, it's not fair on anyone for me to pick and choose the bits I want to do, and the time has come to step back.

I am not leaving the forum, nor intending to be here any less. I will retain some basic housekeeping functions (e.g. deleting duplicate posts, merging identical topics, etc) - and I've not ruled out returning to the admin role when personal circumstances are better.

In the meantime, we're all in the more-than-capable hands of Timbo, Lord Kobel and Daley Mayle.

So it's a bit of a goodbye-but-not-goodbye post. I'd also like to personally thank all of you for being part of such a wonderful forum. Yes, we've had some awkward times, but compared to other forums, these are few and far between - not bad at all for a place that frequently deals with the internet equivalent of dynamite - politics and religion. By and large though, the debate has been polite, high quality and respectful, and that's why we're still here 7 and a half years later.

Thank you for reading,

Alice
Labour, Generally.

Jez working his magic in a Labour heartland urban […]

The Independent Group

That doesn't look very good. Except a few people w[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Seen a theory (well one person on Twitter) say the[…]

Exclusive: Labour Split 'Scabs' Will 'Regret It',[…]