Feature and community announcements, and technical support relating to the forum itself
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By merk
Membership Days Membership Days
Friends,

I'm afraid I've had to succumb to the evils of moving the google ads to the forum since the front page no longer exists. I hope this wont be too intrusive but please let me know if it is, likewise, if there are any adverts showing that members feel are inappropriate please let me know and I will block them.

I'm sorry I've had to do this, and if money were no object I wouldn't, but I have to pay for the server somehow. These ads help a little toward that cost (about 10% of the server costs is met by the ads, the rest is from my pocket).

Please feel free to send me a message on here or tweet me @bigdaddymerk if you have any questions.

Cheers
Merk

Edited for spelling

By ACG
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
No prob, although if it's at all possible to remove the ones appearing inbetween comments that would be good as those are a little intrusive (although obviously leave as is if this would cut the revenue).

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
They are very nice, to be fair. I wouldn't have got them if it wasn't for the new Ads, so I have to thank for my new purchase. I'll enjoy them, and you enjoy your new block of soviet flats!

On topic - the Ads are fine, especially now they aren't between posts. A small price to pay.
By merk
Membership Days Membership Days
sporran wrote:Yep no complaints here. Although given the targeted nature of Adwords, are we going to start seeing Amazon bargain bin ads for Littlejohn's latest scrawlings??
Probably, but this is why I need you all to let me know if there's any shite like that being advertised. I can block sites/keywords/etc.

By ACG
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
merk wrote:how's that? not too intrusive?
Just grand now, thank you :)
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Precisely. But he also names the guilty parties an[…]

Theresa May

EEA comes with an extra advantage of being in the […]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Whoopee. Dickhead's moved on to Game of Thrones qu[…]

Sajid Javid

"I don't want to turn you over to the mob ou[…]