Feature and community announcements, and technical support relating to the forum itself
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By D.C. Harrison
Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:Am I right in thinking the ads you see are related to what websites you've been looking at recently? For example, the House of Fraser Ad I saw was because I'd already been on their website and the same ad isn't necessarily seen by other people?
I did have one telling me the Manchester Metrolink has four new stations on the Oldham/Rochdale line, which I would imagine would be useless information for most of you, so I'm guessing there's some kind of logic to what we see.

What Esqui has been looking at to get ads asking she wants a girlfriend from Ukraine, I couldn't possibly say... :wink:
By Carlos The Badger
Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:Am I right in thinking the ads you see are related to what websites you've been looking at recently? For example, the House of Fraser Ad I saw was because I'd already been on their website and the same ad isn't necessarily seen by other people?
Yes. Targeted at you because of your browser history, IP location etc.
By Carlos The Badger
Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:Well...that did make sense, and is what I suspected, until one minute ago when I got one advertising rich women looking for toyboys. What. The. Fuck.
They'll be some metric somewhere analysing your browser history and then making an [educated??] guess at your demographic profile.
It's all bollox.
2019 General Election

At the risk of sounding like a Mailite BTL comment[…]

The Sun

Yes, I remember that...

Meanwhile In Russia

A sick society https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/electio[…]

The Brexit Party

Nah. BP will be wound up long before any legal cha[…]