Feature and community announcements, and technical support relating to the forum itself
:grinning: 25 % 🙏 75 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Big Arnold wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:11 am
Clearing the cache worked, but there's a problem. I'm typing this blind. All I can see is the title bar and keyboard.

Edit. In landscape that is. Portrait is OK. Not ideal though.
Can't replicate this Arnie, sorry. Perhaps you could post a screen grab.

(Rest of you, get aff ma fuckin' thread!)

By Boiler
Afore I fuck off, here's what I'd see if I tried to use my phone landscape:
Screenshot_20180826-142156.png
Screenshot_20180826-142156.png (50.98 KiB) Viewed 2784 times
For the record, although as I say, I never use the phone in this manner to post:

Samsung Galaxy J5 Duos, Android 7.0, Opera 47.1, SwiftKey keyboard.
Last edited by Boiler on Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Okeydokes. What we have established is that some flavours of Android's keyboards, especially, are claiming so much real estate in landscape as to deny us those 90px at the top.

The solution to this is to unstick the navigation on handhelds when they are in landscape mode. This allows the edit pane the space it needs. The downside is that the sticky nav is something of a boon.

Alternatively, I can write a snippet of code to target those devices and throw the edit pane to the fore so that it is visible in front of the nav. This downside to this one is that it is a little inelegant, visually.

I have implemented that latter for the time being. Comments and preferences welcome.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:34 pm
The solution to this is to unstick the navigation on handhelds when they are in landscape Alternatively, I can write a snippet of code to target those devices and throw the edit pane to the fore so that it is visible in front of the nav. This downside to this one is that it is a little inelegant, visually.

I have implemented that latter for the time being. Comments and preferences welcome.
Works for me. Thanks.
It occurs to me that under the title bar there is another light gray one with a "home" icon followed by >home >etc. Is it really useful, and would removing it free up some space?

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Big Arnold wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:58 pm
Works for me. Thanks.
It occurs to me that under the title bar there is another light gray one with a "home" icon followed by >home >etc. Is it really useful, and would removing it free up some space?
[/quote]

You're whelks!

Re the home hack, I'll happy do it if there are others who would prefer it that way.
The Independent Group

Yes. People can judge for themselves if they lik[…]

C**t of the day

That is going beyond c**t. "Squire" is a[…]

Theresa May

Mutterings as well that all opposition leaders a[…]

The Brexit Party

Good choice for a sounding board. If anybody woul[…]