Feature and community announcements, and technical support relating to the forum itself
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy, if at the time of my apology to Malcolm he said that he would like me to do it publicly, on the forum, then I would have. Now? 2 years later? No, sorry. That's not an apology he wants, that's him trying to play some very pathetic little internet power game which he's so fond of. I'm not playing that game with him. I find it quite tragic that his ego is that fragile.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Nothing fragile about my ego, Safe Timber boy.

Just don't like bullies and shits. Sorry if that worries you.

You started this by having a go at me about Arnold's flounce (typical bully behaviour, come in on the coat tails of some other argument and snipe from the sidelines).

At the time I told you I didn't accept your private, rather mealy mouthed apology. You simply ignored me.

Personally I would have liked the mods to have done something, but they never do, so we have to sort things out ourselves.

I think you are just the sort of unthinking creep who shouts 'paedo' at anyone you disagree with. We see a lot of them, don't we?

Have you ever thought of what such an accusation might mean for a teacher or person with access to children? It's a serious thing. In fact it's legally actionable. But you are now playing the blame the victim game. What a surprise.

As Abers says, this all says more about you than it does about me. And what it says isn't very pleasant.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
If anything, my comment about Arnold was slightly siding with you, in that the whole thing was blown out of proportion. You got the wrong end of the stick and went off on one, not for the first time. Rather than accept it was a misunderstanding on your part you tried to claim I was simply backtracking and it was 'bully tactics'. So, that doesn't really stand you in good steed when asking for an apology. Maybe I should be asking you for one?

You didn't accept my absolutely genuine apology at the time, which is fine, I can accept that. You could, however, have said at the time that you would like to me to apologise on the forum publicly and that a PM wasn't enough. You had your chance then but you did not once mention that. Not once. Now, 2 years later you're asking me to? Right after you've had a bit of a tantrum over something unrelated? Transparent as fuck, mate.

It a shame Abers and a few other people I have never met, on the internet, don't think much of me but I can deal with that. Some of the people on here are genuinely decent blokes (and girls) but unlike you my cyber reputation isn't important to me. I do think Paul had a good point, though.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Or, savagely and brutally attacked and driven off the boards by a merciless evildoer.
You think that was a serious comment? Having a go at you? Rather than tongue in cheek and implying the whole thing was blown out of proportion? Then you seriously need to have a word with yourself. Faceless forum or otherwise, that's pretty fucking clearly not a serious statement.

Even Kreuzberger got it, and he's in Germany......

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
A lot, I'm sure.

However, and I'm not saying this again, that quite clearly was not a serious comment.

If you genuinely think it was, and this isn't once again your ego not allowing you to accept you misunderstood, then you really need to reassess the way you read and process things.

By Daley Mayle
A question to you all. I'd be interested to know what you think the mods should have done in this case and, in the future, when there's a falling out between other members. After giving due warning I locked the thread where this all started but another thread was started and I'm not about to start playing Whack A Mole by locking thread after thread as they pop up. I asked STM to apologise and he won't so what does a poor mod do? Accounts can be deleted or a member put on pre-mod that requires a mod to approve before it can appear.

Moderation on here is virtually non-existent and all the better for it, if the consensus of opinion is for more active intervention then let us know.

By Malcolm Armsteen
I'm not asking you to do anything. After his recent comments I'd like Timber Boy to apologise. Is all.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:I feel your apology to Arnold wasn't sincere.

Although, now might be a good time for Arnold to appear, have a cyber handshake with Malcolm and we can all be BFF's again.

Arnold? Let's have a happy ending.
Not going to happen. I joined Mailwatch because I hated the DM, and stopped criticising it as Armsteem has a problem with it. His use of the word "flounce" doesn't suggest a genuine apology to me.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Meanwhile in Ireland, the Taoiseach Leo Varadkar h[…]

Boris Johnson

So what are the chances that another version of th[…]

What colour is it? Does it say EU still? It's[…]

Momentum

Bastani's comes out of with such fucking stupid ho[…]