Feature and community announcements, and technical support relating to the forum itself
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Finishing an eighteen hour shift on sunday morning, I returned to my abode and proceeded to watch the Julie Christie version of 'Far From The Madding Crowd' on iPlayer (too late now kids, you've missed it). I was somewhat less than gruntled when, during the very last minutes of the film - which had been transmitted upon my wide screen television flawlessly and without incident up to ths irksome point - I was subjected to what those tech-savvy young shavers refer to as perma-buffering. With utterances in Dorset dialect that Hardy mysteriously omitted from his works, I switched off the appliances necessary to provide me with such aforementioned and now abandoned entertainment, retired upatairs and submerged myself under a quilt until such time as Morpheus had done with my slumbering form.

Returning refreshed to the lower storey of the premises, as a misty, bat-laden twighlight enveloped the surrounding environs, my plan to observe the culmination of Schlesinger's much-lauded offering was interupted by the female population of the dwelling co-ercing me into providing them with televisual entertainment. Whilst, via the technological wonders of the age, Old Mother Arrow and her elder sister were content to observe Andre Rieu in consecutive concerts from Brazil and Mexico, I took to posting upon the boards of this forum. The aforementioned popular Belgian entertainer having provided merriment enough for my kinswomen, I finally achieved the goal I had set myself some twenty four or more hours earlier whilst at my place of employment, and watched the ending of the cinematic adaptation referred to in the first sentence of this report - with mere moments to spare until the designated cut-off time of midight.

My body clock being somewhat befuddled by my previous nocturnal exertions, I took advantage of my elders relocation to the upper storey of the house, and proceeded to observe documetaries concerning British sports cars of the 1950's and attempts to film a giant squid for the first time, utilising the now perfectly behaving iPlayer. This occupying my intellect and curiosity until the early hours of this very morning, takes me I fear, outside of the scope of this thread.

Thus, my tale told, I shall end with a reminder to Son Of Hand that 'Creation' - a film chronicling Darwin's inner turmoil regarding evolution versus the established church is still available on the previously alluded to iPlayer and could prove enjoyable to those of a Darwinesque bent. Ineed, I could go further and propose it as entertaining in its own right to those seeking mere sensorary distraction.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
I wasted half the morning on housework, went for a ride, then spent the afternoon in the pub watching the TdF team time trial. The evening was spent watching "Goodwood Classic Supercars" (or some such), followed by repeats of the creepy Portillo Great Train Riding his way around Ireland, finishing off the evening by hurling abuse at Dan Snow as he demonstrated his almost total lack of knowledge of Britain's railways.

And so to bed.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:Finishing an eighteen hour shift on sunday morning, I returned to my abode and proceeded to watch the Julie Christie version of 'Far From The Madding Crowd' on iPlayer (too late now kids, you've missed it). I was somewhat less than gruntled when, during the very last minutes of the film - which had been transmitted upon my wide screen television flawlessly and without incident up to ths irksome point - I was subjected to what those tech-savvy young shavers refer to as perma-buffering. With utterances in Dorset dialect that Hardy mysteriously omitted from his works, I switched off the appliances necessary to provide me with such aforementioned and now abandoned entertainment, retired upatairs and submerged myself under a quilt until such time as Morpheus had done with my slumbering form.

Returning refreshed to the lower storey of the premises, as a misty, bat-laden twighlight enveloped the surrounding environs, my plan to observe the culmination of Schlesinger's much-lauded offering was interupted by the female population of the dwelling co-ercing me into providing them with televisual entertainment. Whilst, via the technological wonders of the age, Old Mother Arrow and her elder sister were content to observe Andre Rieu in consecutive concerts from Brazil and Mexico, I took to posting upon the boards of this forum. The aforementioned popular Belgian entertainer having provided merriment enough for my kinswomen, I finally achieved the goal I had set myself some twenty four or more hours earlier whilst at my place of employment, and watched the ending of the cinematic adaptation referred to in the first sentence of this report - with mere moments to spare until the designated cut-off time of midight.

My body clock being somewhat befuddled by my previous nocturnal exertions, I took advantage of my elders relocation to the upper storey of the house, and proceeded to observe documetaries concerning British sports cars of the 1950's and attempts to film a giant squid for the first time, utilising the now perfectly behaving iPlayer. This occupying my intellect and curiosity until the early hours of this very morning, takes me I fear, outside of the scope of this thread.

Thus, my tale told, I shall end with a reminder to Son Of Hand that 'Creation' - a film chronicling Darwin's inner turmoil regarding evolution versus the established church is still available on the previously alluded to iPlayer and could prove enjoyable to those of a Darwinesque bent. Ineed, I could go further and propose it as entertaining in its own right to those seeking mere sensorary distraction.

This was fucking awesome.
By SoulBoy
Membership Days Posts
Settled Soulgirl's gran into a care home. I'd love to wax poetical but seeing a woman who was once so sharp dealing with the early stages on dementia doesn't lend itself well to humour.
Monday's been a good 'un, too.

Went out at 10.30 to get a parcel from the collection office (GBL locos). Can't park there until 11.
Went to see daughter-in-law and take back a chair I'd borrowed. She was out.
Went to Homebase to get some new solar lights and things. Homebase has gone. Now Morrisons.
Went to other Homebase (see above) and the mouth-breather showed me wired porch lights and didn't seem to comprehend what solar garden lights are. Left.
Went to parcels office and collected parcel - long queue.
Went to Sainsbury's. Nowhere to park. Left.
Went back to d-i-l's. She's home, but the builders working next door have parked all their equipment across her drive and in all available parking spaces.
Went home because I needed the loo and a cup of tea. Had a sandwich.
Went out to Sainsbury's (different one) and shopped. Oh joy.
Went home to look after grand-daughter until d-i-l and other grand-daughter came to pick her up.
Went to sleep.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
I'm slow of posting too. Far from a general blanket of cantbearseditude (although the budget and the Greek situation are both sapping me), I have retreated in to real life.

Breakfast at 5am with my dear friend, the chain-smoking neurologist. Coffee and fags.
A tsunami of emails, FB messages, Airbnb. All answered or deleted while figuring that if they were important, they'll mail me back.
Polished of the last of the Scots bacon.
Midday nap.
Read bitchy shit on here about lack of posts and wondered if I had slipped in to and failed in some weird role as a dancing seal who was remiss in the ball-nose-balancing sideshow.
Fixed the bike of the Woman Child.
Talked gender-politics and rain.
Had a fight about whether you put cream in a carbonara.

First-world problems, eh?
My recipe has cream.
UHT, always in the fridge. Just a bit easier. #1 son doesn't use cream.

I'm watching a movie now, if that's OK?

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:My recipe has cream.
UHT, always in the fridge. Just a bit easier. #1 son doesn't use cream.

I'm watching a movie now, if that's OK?
Hmm, not convinced. Three egg yolks per two portions and some of the starchy jiz from the spaghetti water plus some garlic stock with a dash of bianco and the bacon before returning it to the pan.

Fuckin ell, it's le quatorzième juillet tomorrow and we'll be eating and drinking à la républicaine all day. I must be getting close to the banned list.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Allons enfants de la patrie!

Peut-être, d'importuner le kipper, nous devons parler français demain?

Ou, pour Mr Orque, le gallois? Hein?
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Meanwhile in Ireland, the Taoiseach Leo Varadkar h[…]

Boris Johnson

So what are the chances that another version of th[…]

What colour is it? Does it say EU still? It's[…]

Momentum

Bastani's comes out of with such fucking stupid ho[…]