Feature and community announcements, and technical support relating to the forum itself
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
 
By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
#467783
Daley Mayle wrote:I know there are strong feelings out there but the forum is getting nasty. Make your point but do it without personal abuse please, we're better than that.
The rather general nature of this masks the fact that the vast majority of the abuse comes from a mod who has, time and again, failed to moderate himself and from a gurning simpleton whose limitations are his only strength.

Please don't tar us all with the same brush.
 
By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
#467791
Kreuzberger wrote:
Daley Mayle wrote:I know there are strong feelings out there but the forum is getting nasty. Make your point but do it without personal abuse please, we're better than that.
The rather general nature of this masks the fact that the vast majority of the abuse comes from a mod who has, time and again, failed to moderate himself and from a gurning simpleton whose limitations are his only strength.

Please don't tar us all with the same brush.
Oh that's right abuse me all you want Kreuzberger, but since I'm a gurning simpleton that's fair comment isn't it?
 
By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#467799
I'll be honest, I took the gurning simpleton to mean any of four potential users. I won't name them.

I did wonder if it was me but then realised I've never gurned in my life.
Last edited by bluebellnutter on Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#467804
Kreuzberger wrote:
Daley Mayle wrote:I know there are strong feelings out there but the forum is getting nasty. Make your point but do it without personal abuse please, we're better than that.
The rather general nature of this masks the fact that the vast majority of the abuse comes from a mod who has, time and again, failed to moderate himself and from a gurning simpleton whose limitations are his only strength.

Please don't tar us all with the same brush.

That was not my intention but the general tone of the forum is getting unpleasant. This is a great shame because I was drawn to Mailwatch because the standard of debate and writing was so much better than other message boards.
 
By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
#467805
I agree with Daley, I'm afraid.

HOWEVER - consistent moderation is needed.

And I think it's time to lock the Corbyn et al threads. Nothing useful is going on there except for some inadequates tossing off. It would be worth losing those threads to keep the Orca, and they could be restarted under different heads in sensible fashion if the mods were to exercise some control.

Let's get back to dissing the Mail.
 
By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
#467818
bluebellnutter wrote:I'll be honest, I took the gurning simpleton to mean any of four potential users. I won't name them.

I did wonder if it was me but then realised I've never gurned in my life.
BBN Kreuzberger was talking about me, it's no secret that he looks down on me and has been abusive to me in the past.
The Brexit Party

Will The Brexit Party do well? Fuck nose.... […]

Claire Fox

I had the misfortune of hearing this appalling wom[…]

Labour, Generally.

I can't see what harm she has done, it's a vic[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Hirschmann? I thought they made aerials and connec[…]