Feature and community announcements, and technical support relating to the forum itself
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
 
By mikey mikey
Posts
#467955
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:No-one suggested not discussing politics.
Really?
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: I think it's time to lock the Corbyn et al threads.
Last time I looked at the UK politics section, say, over the last 9 or 10 months, there has been quite a few Corbyn related stories. Are you suggesting discussing politics provided it does not mention Corbyn, his opponents within Labour, the state of the current Opposition and the members of the Labour Party?

If you lock the threads connested with the above issues, then there is no doubt that either those subjects will be begin to appear in other threads (and will be declared "off-topic") or there will be other threads that appear to discuss them. This could lead for calls for those threads to be locked too, and the OP "moderated" (i.e. punished with suspensions, warnings, bannings etc.).

The day that Mailwatch begins to censor more than the BTL of the Mail itself, is the day it has lost any meaning.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Let's get back to dissing the Mail.
Unless they're lying about Corbyn. Then shush.
 
By mikey mikey
Posts
#467960
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:Seriously, Mikey, it's this sort of childish rubbish which is wrecking/has wrecked this board.

Give it up.
How are you last few comments constructive in any way? Just calling what I posted "childish" does not make it so.

I am sure that I don't need to explain the difference between refuting something and simply rejecting. Not to a man such as yourself.
 
By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
#467962
mikey mikey wrote:
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:Seriously, Mikey, it's this sort of childish rubbish which is wrecking/has wrecked this board.

Give it up.
How are you last few comments constructive in any way? Just calling what I posted "childish" does not make it so.

I am sure that I don't need to explain the difference between refuting something and simply rejecting. Not to a man such as yourself.
My point exactly. Childish.
 
By mikey mikey
Posts
#467964
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
mikey mikey wrote:
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:Seriously, Mikey, it's this sort of childish rubbish which is wrecking/has wrecked this board.

Give it up.
How are you last few comments constructive in any way? Just calling what I posted "childish" does not make it so.

I am sure that I don't need to explain the difference between refuting something and simply rejecting. Not to a man such as yourself.
My point exactly. Childish.
Well, I will leave it up to other folks to examine this exchange and decide for themselves who it is displaying immaturity.
 
By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
#467982
mikey mikey wrote: Well, I will leave it up to other folks to examine this exchange and decide for themselves who it is displaying immaturity.
Thing is, M2. The squarkfest surrounding Mr Corbyn has become too circular to have any valid purpose. Hopefully, you can see that. In fact, I know that with you being smarter than the average bear, you can see that too. Time to move on.
 
By mikey mikey
Posts
#468000
Kreuzberger wrote:Time to move on.
Perhaps, but what does that entail?

One thread locked?

All threads regardiing Corbyn locked?

Threads regarding the Labour leadership locked?

Can other threads be opened that deal with that issue?

Will discussions regadiing the leadership challenge be considered off-topic and yet denied their own thread?

How does one discuss the politics section of the Daily Mail if the story mentions the Labour leadership?

I am not being deliberately obtuse here, honestly.

It's just that I can foresee a point when any mention of the Leadership bid is considered fair game for punitive moderation.

It will be easier to express support for Corbyn in the Telegraph and Mail comment sections.

If there is a time that we should "move on" surely it would be after the leadership challenge is over and not in the run up to it.
 
By mikey mikey
Posts
#468005
The Red Arrow wrote:Why not put all that smarter-than-the-average-bearness to good use? You'd gain some respect around here, I'm sure.
Perhaps winning respect from members of this forum is not my priority. Perhaps expressing my honest opinion and debating the issues are.

To be frank, I have always enoyed your posts and respected your opinions but if you wish to call me verbose or immature, then I probably never had a chance of earning respect from you in the first place.
 
By mikey mikey
Posts
#468007
mikey mikey wrote:
Kreuzberger wrote:Time to move on.
Perhaps, but what does that entail?

One thread locked?

All threads regardiing Corbyn locked?

Threads regarding the Labour leadership locked?

Can other threads be opened that deal with that issue?

Will discussions regadiing the leadership challenge be considered off-topic and yet denied their own thread?

How does one discuss the politics section of the Daily Mail if the story mentions the Labour leadership?

I am not being deliberately obtuse here, honestly.

It's just that I can foresee a point when any mention of the Leadership bid is considered fair game for punitive moderation.

It will be easier to express support for Corbyn in the Telegraph and Mail comment sections.

If there is a time that we should "move on" surely it would be after the leadership challenge is over and not in the run up to it.
Bloody hell! That didn't take long! :shock:
 
By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
#468015
mikey mikey wrote:
The Red Arrow wrote:Why not put all that smarter-than-the-average-bearness to good use? You'd gain some respect around here, I'm sure.
Perhaps winning respect from members of this forum is not my priority. Perhaps expressing my honest opinion and debating the issues are.

To be frank, I have always enoyed your posts and respected your opinions but if you wish to call me verbose or immature, then I probably never had a chance of earning respect from you in the first place.
Not the case, I can assure you. Much as I admire your obvious mastery of the English language (and I really do), I just feel that you could be honest without being confrontational or abrasive. I'm far from being without sin, I admit, but I'm genuinely trying to address my own behaviour as much as anyone else's here. It really is time to move on.
 
By mikey mikey
Posts
#468028
The Red Arrow wrote:Not the case, I can assure you.
Thank you Red. I must admit that I was more than a little saddened so I appreciate your reassuring me.

The Red Arrow wrote:you could be honest without being confrontational or abrasive
That's fair comment.
The Red Arrow wrote: It really is time to move on.
I asked Kreuzberger what that entailed, and was quickly answered, not by Krezberger, but by tonight's decision to lock the Labour forums and the request to avoid discussion of the issue elsewhere. In a way, just referring to the fact that I have been asked not to address the issue of the upcoming leadership challenge, is not respecting that request.

The first rule of Labour is...

With the issue locked, I can't foresee any moving on at all.

If there is a time to move on, surely that is after the leadership challenge, not iin the run up to it.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
#468066
I can understand peoples frustrations with the situation Labour, and the country as a whole, is in and this is probably spilling out on here.

However, Labour was founded on principles of solidarity and comradeship, and if we are divided we can not achieve anything.

Personal abuse is not constructive, it is the kind of thing you associate with The Sun and The Mail, lets not get down to their level

I personally never try to cause offence with any others on here, just to vent my anger at the Tories and their crappy propaganda machine that is the right wing media
Labour, Generally.

Jez working his magic in a Labour heartland urban […]

The Independent Group

That doesn't look very good. Except a few people w[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Seen a theory (well one person on Twitter) say the[…]

Exclusive: Labour Split 'Scabs' Will 'Regret It',[…]