Feature and community announcements, and technical support relating to the forum itself
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I don't think it's a coincidence that three particular users finding their voice again have managed to help things descend again.

Again, I won't name names. But I think people can work out who they are.
By mikey mikey
Membership Days Posts
Well I think you should name me, if you think I have posted anything offensive.

And quote it.

Let's not do a Baxter this morning, shall we?

By bluebellnutter
Offensiveness has nothing to do with it, it's about the tone and standard of the debate. OK, so offensiveness does have a little bit to do with that, but it is not the sole thing.

There are plenty of people I don't agree with on this forum (not just on the issues in the Labour forum but on other issues across the board) who are able to put over their opinions in such a way that don't seem to just trigger more arguments. There are some other users who seem to cause fights wherever they go, post absolute shite and get pissy when challenged on it or just come over as spiteful and vindictive.

As I said, names will not be named. I'm not a fan of witch hunts. The people who I am referring to in the first part of the above paragraph come over as intelligent enough to work out exactly which users I'm referring to. And I believe this board would be a better place without them, although I accept that is not my call to make.

Even up until fairly recently, this forum seemed to be a good place to come for intelligent discussion and analysis of things. Now, not so much.
By mikey mikey
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:Offensiveness has nothing to do with it, it's about the tone and standard of the debate.
Do you propose ammending the forum rules as regards what you consider the "standard" of debate?

I'm ready to consider your proposal, provided that you provide clear parameters.
bluebellnutter wrote:OK, so offensiveness does have a little bit to do with that,
You are correct. While you have a moderator calling a poster a "fnc" with no regard of the suitabillity for other readers' workplace/family etc, then it really does.
bluebellnutter wrote:but it is not the sole thing.
Please don't be vague when making accusations.
bluebellnutter wrote: Even up until fairly recently, this forum seemed to be a good place to come for intelligent discussion and analysis of things. Now, not so much.
Well I have been posting on this board for well over a year.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Littlejohn's brain wrote:Well go ahead, you pompous bastard.
Littlejohn's brain wrote: If he wants I'll happily prove this, by going round to his office and kicking the shit out of him.
Littlejohn's brain wrote: Go and have a wank over vox politcal.
Naked abuse and an obvious readiness to use extreme violence. And this is just one evening's casual posting.

How much longer do we have to put up with this? Also, in an era when most people's true identities and whereabouts are so easily traced, there must be an increasing possibility that he will take this offline.

Question: would this be tolerated from any other poster? Yes, some might dismiss these as the ravings of a deranged simpleton but is that really any excuse?

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Sorry is it national blame everything on LJB Day? Why don't you go the whole hog and call for me to be banned?

Let's put those three quotes in context

1. That was in response to Malcolm trying to pin the problems on this forum on me.

2. That was in response to an offensive article hat stated that people opposed to Corbyn were emotionally unstable.

3. That was in response to Red who has form for linking to dubious left-wing blogs.

So, all three were in response to being provoked and insulted.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
3. That was in response to Red who has form for linking to dubious left-wing blogs.
Red has form for linking to Breibart, The S*n, The Daily Mail and various kipper sites too. Funny how that's overlooked as you continue to dictate what's dubious and fit for consumption here while attempting to provoke, intimidate and insult anybody whose views do not fall into line with your own. Spare us the innocent victim routine.

Enjoy the garden, Daley. I'm off to the beach.
By Agnes
Membership Days Posts
Oh, don't say such things, Red. You've made me start thinking about the beach. Sitting on a rock, watching the waves build up and come in, dangling my feet in the water with the sun beating down on my bare arms... I have to do a huge pile of washing and you're not helping. That's not very comradely :wink:

Have fun, mate, and build a sandcastle for me.

By Malcolm Armsteen
I was hoping to be sitting in the garden doing some modelling, but my neighbour called in and reminded me that I have a huge amount of online research to do before 5th September...

So I'm doing it.

What I'm doing is cross-referencing all the names on a private WW1 memorial against the local memorial, CWGC, Soldiers Died and the 1901 and 1911 censuses. The council are paying to have a local memorial put up, based on the private memorial, and I copped the job of checking the names. I blame myself for letting the council describe me as a 'local historian'. Because you know what will happen if I get one wrong...

That's called thread drift, bRanEs.
2019 General Election

At the risk of sounding like a Mailite BTL comment[…]

The Sun

Yes, I remember that...

Meanwhile In Russia

A sick society https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/electio[…]

The Brexit Party

Nah. BP will be wound up long before any legal cha[…]