Feature and community announcements, and technical support relating to the forum itself
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
Hello all - The site will probably be going down for a few hours this afternoon, for some essential maintenance. There are a number of factors at play which may affect the timing, and how long it will take to come back up, but we're hoping to have it all up and running again by this evening.

The most likely time for it to be suspended will be about 15.30 onwards. I appreciate your patience and cooperation! I will update this post as and when I have more precise details.

By Boiler
Pleeease do a CHMOD/CHOWN on the /cache directory, please!

And while you're at it, set the private sections so they're not indexed by search engines as they are at the moment?

By Littlejohn's brain
Membership Days Posts
What the hell's happened to the forum?

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
If you'd been paying attention you'd know it is in the process of being upgraded.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
And on behalf of the people who did all the work, you're welcome.

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
I am happy to announce that, following a mostly bloodless coup, I have now taken custody of Mailwatch from Merk after his many years putting coal in the furnace.

Thank you everyone for your patience over the weekend, the migration to our new server and platform didn't go entirely smoothly, but thanks to some serious persistence by Kreuzy, we are now live. It may take a bit of getting used to, and feedback and suggestions are welcome. There will be some new features and tweaks over the coming weeks, and I hope to be continually improving the site and keeping on top of things in a pro-active manner.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Well done you two.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Posts
Nice one, Timbo and Kreuzberger. Looking forward to an even more improved Mailwatch in the coming months.

By Littlejohn's brain
Membership Days Posts
Thanks for that Timbo, does now mean the forum won't go down on the twelfth?

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
Yeah, we're on a completely different server now, and running on a much more modern version of the forum software, so things should be a lot more stable.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Nice work.

I panicked when I saw the Mail up there in a Gothic style font.
Feared I'd been drawn into the level of hell where Dacre lives.

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
Most people will, unfortunately, need to re-upload their avatars. Due to the change in formatting, we've had to make the dimensions a bit more restrictive than before. The upshot of this is that the site should now work beautifully on tablets and mobile devices. I'm also going to be looking at adding Tapatalk integration over the coming weeks.
SPOTY

Jim Davidson once described the Olympics as "[…]

If that poll lead is accurate it wouldn’t […]

Liz Jones

A calibrated (sic) attack on Jo Cox by a lady who […]

News you won't see on the BBC

Was chatting with an old friend today, and we wang[…]