Feature and community announcements, and technical support relating to the forum itself
:sunglasses: 11.1 % :thumbsup: 37 % :grinning: 37 % 😟 7.4 % :cry: 7.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Arnold wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:17 pm
Is there a way of going direct to the last page of a topic? The first page is the only option unless I'm missing something.
Jup, go to the last page on the right hand side or click the asterisk next to the icon on the left.

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 14.43.35.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 14.43.35.png (177.09 KiB) Viewed 1748 times

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
A nice lick of paint here! Good job Timbo & Kreuz. I agree with bluebellnutter in that being able to embed tweets would be nice. Also just noticed that some of the smilies that were on the old board don't seem to have transferred properly? Finally is tapatalk worth the risk given some concerns to its security? Another forum I'm on dropped tapatalk because of it.
Kreuzberger liked this

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:48 pm
Arnold wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:17 pm
Is there a way of going direct to the last page of a topic? The first page is the only option unless I'm missing something.
Jup, go to the last page on the right hand side or click the asterisk next to the icon on the left.

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 14.43.35.png
Thanks, but that isn't what I'm seeing on my Android tablet. The star is there if there are unread messages. But no page numbers on the right.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Arnold wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:11 pm
Thanks, but that isn't what I'm seeing on my Android tablet. The star is there if there are unread messages. But no page numbers on the right.
Right, I am seeing that now, albeit only in portrait mode. I'll have a look to see how best to unhide the pagination without it running riot in these panels.

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
Tweet embedding now works, too. Just paste the Twitter link and it converts it automatically to an embedded item. Same for YouTube videos, Twitch streams and Facebook videos.

To demonstrate:

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:12 pm
Just a small thing - does clicking on a link now open the link as the current window (replacing the Mail Watch page with the linked webpage) rather than opening it as a new window/tab? Or is that something my end? If that even makes sense...
It's a strange and wholly unwelcome development in this latest release of the software. I am working on a fix as a priority.

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
I've just noticed the same thing. From what I can see, it's just this thread. I suspect it's because I changed this thread to a global announcement. I'll switch it back to a normal post and see what happens.

EDIT: That's fixed it. Cheers!
Malcolm Armsteen liked this
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Or this: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-ra[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

If Corbyn did cross the line he'd be the first PM […]

Mark Francois MP

Just had a look at his Wiki page. A stint at Lloyd[…]

Boris Johnson

Wouldn't it be good if newspapers had an imposed p[…]