Feature and community announcements, and technical support relating to the forum itself
:sunglasses: 11.1 % :thumbsup: 37 % :grinning: 37 % 😟 7.4 % :cry: 7.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
Arnold wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:05 pm
Mark subforums unread
That seems to be something else not visible on my Android tablet. Can't check on my Kindle Fire without knowing my password.
Hi Arnold - I suspect on that device you are probably seeing the mobile version of the site, which does truncate many of the features. It may be worth looking in the browser settings to see if an option to request desktop version is available. That's the solution that first jumps to mind, anyway.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Just noticed that with the forum update it has moved from being proudly hosted on a reliable* & stoic UK based server, to a weird looking & speaking server in France that goes on strike once a month!**

I know "Remain" cautioned that British based websites might leave to move to the continent if we voted "Leave" but Nigel, Banks, Gove & Dacre said to me it was just PROJECT FEAR! and that I shouldn't listen to so-called "experts".

* Apart from the 12th of the month
** And hopefully that will no longer happen (see above)
Timbo liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Would it be possible to put the 'Active Topics' button on all screens? It would save going to the top, then back to 'Forum' and then to 'Active Topics'?

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:28 am
Would it be possible to put the 'Active Topics' button on all screens? It would save going to the top, then back to 'Forum' and then to 'Active Topics'?
In principle, that is doable but it requires a core hack which would need to be done again with each security/service update.

We are trying to keep these to a minimum but if there is real momentum for any, we'll certainly look at them.
Malcolm Armsteen liked this

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Timbo wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:31 pm
The new site is going to be significantly better Google optimised, and the sign-up process improved, meaning that hopefully we should be starting to re-grow our user base a bit after years of steady attrition.
Eleven new members already for December 2017, which is the most for a single month since at least mid-2013. Encouraging early signs.

None of 'em have plucked up the courage the post anything yet, mind....... :lol:
Boris Johnson

^^This. All along the Tories have kept saying &quo[…]

The Sun

If any party still has plans to implement the seco[…]

The LibDems, generally

Is Swinson safe from the SNP in her seat? She ou[…]

I saw that Goodwin has gone after Cameron, which m[…]