Feature and community announcements, and technical support relating to the forum itself
:sunglasses: 20 % :thumbsup: 30 % :grinning: 20 % 🙏 20 % 😟 10 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Hi, this confused the heck out of me when it first happened, too. It just stays there until it has been read. It goes without saying that this could and should be a whole lot more intuitive, but I'm afraid at present all we can hope for is an improvement in a subsequent update.

Thanks for raising it, at least others will hopefully see this and at least know that the messages are in fact going through.
Timbo wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:16 pm
Hi, this confused the heck out of me when it first happened, too. It just stays there until it has been read. It goes without saying that this could and should be a whole lot more intuitive, but I'm afraid at present all we can hope for is an improvement in a subsequent update.
I think that's the default behaviour for PMs in this forum software and whilst confusing at first, it does at least indicate the other party has seen your message. I've met a lot worse messaging systems.
FWIW it might help Kreuzy, okay I'm a geek and know how the system works because I remember asking a forum mod exactly the same question myself many years ago and I retain useless information like that.
The Trump Presidency

On the positive side neoliberalism is dying, inc[…]

The Northern Irish thread

She'll have to make 98 or 103 in order to out[…]

Labour, Generally.

If you'd won the argument, you'd be in Downing Str[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Johnson went to Brussels to agree to accept the […]