Feature and community announcements, and technical support relating to the forum itself
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Spooky. I've just been downloading some stuff about this, which I'll study at work tomorrow. I know we will be getting direction from on high (eventually) but it will look good on my staff report if HQ Int are already compliant before the Ukase from MOD Centre is issued 8)
Boiler wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:00 pm
Pretty much as per the thread title really: what steps are being taken to ensure compliance?
None whatsoever, as we don't collect or hold any personal data about our users beyond the email addresses used to register, and those aren't connected to any personal data. We don't use the email addresses to market to our users, and no commercial benefit whatsoever is derived from this site (believe me, I'm the one who pays for the hosting out of my own pocket). There is no need to add an opt-in or opt-out system for email marketing, as we don't do any! That's my current understanding of how it applies, any friendly legal minds who can educate me otherwise, please feel free to do so.
Timbo wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:26 pm
Boiler wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:00 pm
Pretty much as per the thread title really: what steps are being taken to ensure compliance?
None whatsoever, as we don't collect or hold any personal data about our users beyond the email addresses used to register, and those aren't connected to any personal data. We don't use the email addresses to market to our users, and no commercial benefit whatsoever is derived from this site (believe me, I'm the one who pays for the hosting out of my own pocket). There is no need to add an opt-in or opt-out system for email marketing, as we don't do any! That's my current understanding of how it applies, any friendly legal minds who can educate me otherwise, please feel free to do so.
How would you deal with the 'right to be forgotten', Timbo? Because it could mess up how threads read if a poster asks for this, or do you not see it as a problem?
Boiler wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:36 pm
How would you deal with the 'right to be forgotten', Timbo? Because it could mess up how threads read if a poster asks for this, or do you not see it as a problem?
Ahem, if I might. The right to be forgotten refers chiefly to reportage rather than that which is posted of one's volition. They will retain the right to delete their own posts.
Which of course would be respected.

The problematic issue arises when there are quoted posts and follow ups and then there's the added complication of which jurisdiction an order would need to be made in.

However, whilst it is correct to consider these things, it won't come to that. As always, any take-down requests would always be honoured unless they, themselves, were in relation to actionable and which needs to be preserved.

So, yes, nothing changes. The leitmotiv of unity, good grace and respect applies.
Kreuzberger wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:06 pm
Which of course would be respected.

The problematic issue arises when there are quoted posts and follow ups and then there's the added complication of which jurisdiction an order would need to be made in.

However, whilst it is correct to consider these things, it won't come to that. As always, any take-down requests would always be honoured unless they, themselves, were in relation to actionable content and which needs to be preserved.

So, yes, nothing changes. The leitmotiv of unity, good grace and respect applies.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

https://twitter.com/john3ners/status/1186748275686[…]

Hammond has got reselected anyway. Same with Ann[…]

@Timbo gonnae pm me the creds?

Richard Littlejohn

:lol: