Feature and community announcements, and technical support relating to the forum itself
:sunglasses: 20 % :thumbsup: 60 % 🙏 20 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
KevS wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:04 am
Oi! I've commented on there before!

:x :wink:
Sorry @KevS, therein lies the problem of omitting an apostrophe... the Usual Suspect is on today, with his pick 'n' mix comment; the suggested drinking game would have me plastered...
Last edited by Boiler on Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
I decided his continued membership was not conducive to the good of the forum. He continually used an aggressive, goading posting style, and there were a million and one straws that broke the camel's back. I've been in private discussions with a number of long-standing members on this issue for a long time, and until now I've given him a hell of a lot of leeway. I came to the conclusion today that he wasn't remotely interested in engaging properly, so there was no point delaying the inevitable any longer.
Kreuzberger, Boiler, Malcolm Armsteen and 5 others liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I'm not sorry to see him go, but there are things we need to take into account with people like him.

He was, honestly, not an intelligent man. Or at least any intelligence he had was masked.
He was probably some way along the autistic spectrum.
He may or may not have been a doctor - my thoughts are that he was involved in the treatment side of the NHS, more likely as a technician.
He was not a member of the Labour Party, simply a fanatic for Corbyn*. All else in politics seemed to have passed him by. He was certainly not active.
He was carrying a great deal of baggage.

At one time he was a reasonably sensible poster, then the Kool-Aid took effect. I suspect that this enthusiasm (similar to what I have seen in other boys with Asperger's) pushed him off course.

*Many people with Asperger syndrome have intense and highly-focused interests, often from a fairly young age. These can change over time or be lifelong, and can be anything from art or music, to trains or computers. An interest may sometimes be unusual. One person loved collecting rubbish, for example. With encouragement, the person developed an interest in recycling and the environment.

I wonder if we could have done the same with Wino.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
He wasn't a real doctor, you know.

It was his almost pathological and entirely unwarranted (and more than a little misogynistic) hatred of Jess Phillips that rang alarm bells for me.

I think Malcolm may be right about the spectrum.
Last edited by Abernathy on Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:52 pm

*Many people with Asperger syndrome have intense and highly-focused interests, often from a fairly young age. These can change over time or be lifelong, and can be anything from art or music, to trains or computers. An interest may sometimes be unusual. One person loved collecting rubbish, for example. With encouragement, the person developed an interest in recycling and the environment.
Good Lord Malc, (too) much of that describes me... :shock:

For those interested: https://www.autism.org.uk/about/what-is/asperger.aspx
Timbo liked this
Momentum

Nobs. https://twitter.com/iainjwatson/status/1174[…]

Janet Street-Porter

This is just really....weird. She's taken one lit[…]

The Sun

Funny how forecasts & reports from the Irish C[…]

Labour, Generally.

So Jeremy is pushing for a 'sensible' brexit. As o[…]