Feature and community announcements, and technical support relating to the forum itself
:sunglasses: 20 % :thumbsup: 60 % 🙏 20 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
As someone whom has been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome in the early part of this decade, well into adulthood, I'm reluctant to try and automatically or strongly suggest that someone like Winegums is, to use the phrase, "on the spectrum". Plenty of "neurotypicals" have developed obsessions or become eloped into cults and the like with no suggestion of ASD. In those cases, various depths of personality disorders come to the fore.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I talked to my doctor about this - she has a husband and two sons who are all Asperger's. I reckoned she was, too, and that in medicine it might actually be an advantage. Like for librarians. Or history teachers. She agreed.

My belief is that all men are some way along the spectrum. Certainly all small boys are - collecting numbers and so on.

I have real issues with bad English - I struggle to make sense of anything with spelling or grammatical mistakes, or very badly written stuff. Also I find very noisy environments difficult.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Of course.

I must say that of all the Asperger's kids I taught, none were cunts, apart from one, and he was National Front.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:24 pm
Sorry. Going by 40 years experience of working with kids 'on the spectrum'.
No need to say sorry, I don't doubt that your profession gave you some "hands on" insight, and I occasionally talk with teachers about trying to help find some targeted support on an individual basis. But the diagnosis criteria is somehow both broad and narrow at the same time that IMO it's near impossible for laymen, myself included, to say that they have Asperger's or not (that's not saying that traits aren't noticed).

To the best of my knowledge, I was one of the first adults in Northern Ireland to be given an ASD diagnosis on the NHS, beforehand it only assessed under 18s or an assessment had to be done privately.
Abernathy wrote:Isn't the lesson here that being on the spectrum needn't equate to being a cunt ?
Those "on the spectrum" whom use it as an excuse for acting or being a cunt is just far more likely a cunt. Times of misunderstanding social cues and interactions on my part are occasions for learning for a future time and apologising where necessary and ask for understanding if it helps, not using your infliction as a get-out-of-jail card for any matter going. I strongly dislike cunts like that.
randomelement, Cyclist liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
spoonman wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:31 pm

I don't doubt that your profession gave you some "hands on" insight,
Oh thank you...

Do you think we all sleep in the cupboards overnight?

By AOB
If you type in Mailwatch Forum on Bing then Mailwatch Forum Winegums comes up on the scrolldown options. When I first saw it a while back it made me wonder if he was from another forum, come here to troll and reported back, hence the fact there must have been many searches from members of that forum over a period of time in order for it to stick as a scrolldown search option.

The more I consider that, the more possible it seems. Why would he himself type out Mailwatch Forum Winegums in a search engine when wanting to visit? If however, you wanted to read the posts of a particular user on a forum you haven't visited, or don't visit often, then you may type the name of the forum followed by the username of that person in order to pinpoint those posts, if only as a starting point. Hence my theory that outsiders (another forum's members) have become aware of his posts here.
Timbo, Arrowhead liked this
By Andy McDandy
I think Malcolm's assessment shows a level of empathy and willingness to understand that is missing from political discourse, and is in many ways symptomatic of the rise of the Winegumses.

Blame the internet, the online disinhibition effect, whatever you like. But political discussions used to involve recognising the opposing point of view and finding consensus, usually in the middle ground. They still do, in many fora, away from he limelight. However, there are many who have, as Alan Bleasdale put it, only read one book, and believe that that book provided all the answers. While these types have always existed, the internet gives them an opportunity. Keep parroting the message. Shout the opposition down. If challenged, LOL, because it's all a big game anyway and if you get the other players to give up, you default win.

Message aside, there's no real difference between him and the college green cunts.
Timbo liked this

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:29 pm
spoonman wrote:

Oh thank you...

Only the stuck up, sarcastic ones. :wink:

Or do you think that "Aspies" think that every single person in an occupation or profession act & behave all in the same way?

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
spoonman wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:01 am
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:29 pm
spoonman wrote:

Oh thank you...

Only the stuck up, sarcastic ones. :wink:

Or do you think that "Aspies" think that every single person in an occupation or profession act & behave all in the same way?
I mean you're only an apsie what do you know? :wink:

By Malcolm Armsteen
Do you want to explain that in English? For once say what you actually mean?

Because I'm already pretty pissed off and you just made it a lot worse.

By Malcolm Armsteen
spoonman wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:01 am

That is the most childish of straw man arguments.
Labour, Generally.

Ian Lavery was on TV this evening doing his Plain-[…]

Labour Policies 2019/20

A thread to discuss the several policies which wil[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Well, I suggested taking the batteries out and l[…]

The Today Programme

He already has a Mail column, doesn't he?