•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Bones McCoy wrote:Are the Middletons Britain's Kardashians?
Well done Bones, I was trying to formulate an explanation as to the Mail Online's obsession with the minutiae and attempts to turn a private wedding into an upmarket soap with made-up stories about the (many) attendees.

Can't we be more grown-up and just look at pictures of her arse?
Twofer Maily anti cyclist wanker at Tuesday night's race (seventh on the road, first in my group, course really, really suited me)

Warming up on the course, punching up a wee rise on a single lane dead end to get the blood going, literally bothering no-one. Pulled down to the main road, waiting to turn out. Along comes this fucking eejit, stopping and giving the full "holding up traffic, pay road tax". The road is empty as Michael Gove's soul.

So far, so what, but his parting shot was " if you had money and a job, you'd be able to afford a car". He was driving a mk2 Polo. Roughly worth the same as my handlebars.
MisterMuncher wrote:Twofer Maily anti cyclist wanker at Tuesday night's race (seventh on the road, first in my group, course really, really suited me)

Warming up on the course, punching up a wee rise on a single lane dead end to get the blood going, literally bothering no-one. Pulled down to the main road, waiting to turn out. Along comes this fucking eejit, stopping and giving the full "holding up traffic, pay road tax". The road is empty as Michael Gove's soul.

So far, so what, but his parting shot was " if you had money and a job, you'd be able to afford a car". He was driving a mk2 Polo. Roughly worth the same as my handlebars.
This confirms a theory I have about many of these knobs. You wouldn't catch them dead on a bike; they know full well they're not fit enough to ride one, and too addicted to their metal box to dream of being exposed to the elements. Moreover, they identify with their car (though God alone knows what self-image identifies you with a Mark II Polo). So to them the bloke on a bike must be either too poor to have a car, or so weird (i.e. different to them) that they "deserve" all the abuse they get (in the same way as tits at school think that the weirdos (i.e. non football obsessives) "deserve" having the shit beaten out of them). Either way, they have zero identification with the cyclist and zero empathy. That you could afford to buy a (second, third, whatever) car or have one sitting in the drive but prefer to cycle is so alien to them that they cannot help but hate you for it.

It's bad enough that you dare to exist. That once someone using the same mode of transport once held them up for twenty seconds is beyond the pale.

/ArmchairPsychiatry.
The same people will wax nostalgic about their rose tinted childhood, playing out of doors that didn't do them any harm, and how today's kids are all PlayStation, sexting and knifecrime.

Their heads must ring tritones and minor seconds with the cognitive dissonance.
When you think about it, I was a kid in the 60s, as I suspect some Mailites were. I recollect being indoors some of the time too, with things like Meccano, Lego and Hornby Dublo/Triang model trains etc. Of course I used to play outdoors too.

My 10 year old spends some time indoors, with PS3, ipads etc, he also goes out to play football.

Nothing really has changed.
Labour, Generally.

Indeed, Corbyn and co did their best to undermine,[…]

UKIP

Farage is a "person of interest". And in[…]

UK's aspirations for post-Brexit trade deal an […]

Sad Faces in Local Papers

He's from Stoke, no? "Bloke from Brexit Cent[…]