Discussion of the more serious side of the Mail's agenda
:sunglasses: 31.6 % ❤ 5.3 % :thumbsup: 15.8 % 😯 10.5 % :grinning: 31.6 % :cry: 5.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
When you thought 2020 had done its worst, it saved it's biggest blow for last.
Farage and Dacre must slink home without a gong between them.

Reflect that Claire Semtex and KGB Boy are chuckling away from their permanent seats in the lords.
How far down the pecking order must Frogmouth and Cuntmouth be to miss out.

By KevS
Lewis Hamilton, for all his faults, has probably done more for this country than Farage ever has. A lot of the F1 set up is UK based as we know, and his success has probably peaked interest in it.

Besides which, like all the F1 drivers, they choose to strap themselves into something smaller than a bathtub and try to avoid hitting walls at 200mph (See Grosjean, R) - you've got to have serious cojones to do that week in week out for what is basically a form of entertainment.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:37 pm
Silkyman wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:13 pm
Well. This is terrifying.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/ ... r-of-ofcom
"And what YOU gonna do about it, eh?"
Johnson poised to appoint Paul Dacre chair of Ofcom

PM’s choice of controversial former Mail editor is part of his election promise to radically overhaul the BBC
Shocked I'm not even surprised let alone shocked.

By Andy McDandy
Said this on Facebook earlier today. Was about the vaccines thing, but applies to pretty much anything the rancid bastard does:
Johnson is good at seizing small events and turning them into battles, which he invariably wins. Then he just has to paint Labour (or the SNP or whoever) as on the other side and voila, here's the narrative. Tories winning, that lot losing.

To a degree, it doesn't matter who the enemy du jour is. In the recent vaccines row, it's been possible for them to lump anyone with any sort of pro-EU sentiment together with the EU itself. "They wanted to be part of this shower, who are trying to nick your granny's jab!", and so on. The actual stance of Labour on the vaccines issue doesn't really matter.

His other trick has been to weaponise macho bullshit. a "doers vs ditherers" narrative (in reality riding over legislation and acting impulsively), that plays very well into his hard right base.
So with Dacre, longest serving editor of best selling daily paper, what exactly is it about him that you lefties dislike? Then when we start reading the charge sheet, he paints us as a bunch of humourless whingers and the issue as sour grapes. Here's a man who gets shit done, and that's what these wet blankets hate etc.
davidjay liked this

By davidjay
Boiler wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:12 am
...and I have none for Dacre.

However, the rumoured appointment is typical of this corrupt government, where everything carries the air of "And what are you going to do about it, eh? EH?"
Every decision they make seems to be based on two criteria:
i) Will it make me or one of mine serious money?
ii) Will it wind up the lefties?
Enough with this 'woke' bollocks!

https://twitter.com/RosieisaHolt/status/1365308047[…]

Rishi Sunak

Frikkin' amatuers. https://i.guim.co.uk/img/med[…]

"Boris" Johnson

Listening to small businessmen complaining after t[…]

Meanwhile in Germany

Merkel is looking like she is being pincered this […]