Discussion of the more serious side of the Mail's agenda
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By glasgowgril
Membership Days Posts
I hereby claim the prize for spotting the first mention of Winterval of 2010 in the DM:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... l#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To wit - "YOU MEAN WE CAN A CHRISTMAS WITHOUT ALL THOSE TOUCHY FEELIE PC WORLD MORONS CALLING WINTERVAL?

BRING IT ON...

AND IF IT OFFENDS ANY OTHER CULTURE HERE...
- john, cambridge, 17/7/2010 02:38"

In fact, noticing that a)it's in capital letters; b)it includes the phrase 'we can a Christmas'; c)it includes the words 'touchie feelie' and 'pc'; and d)manages to fit in a subtle-ish insult to Islam, all in the space of 27 words, I'm wondering if it was the work of someone here. If so, congratulations.
By Lord Brett
Membership Days Posts
I rather liked this comment:
I find it mildly patronising that the church thinks a Christmas shop in Selfridges will make people forget what the 'true meaning of Christmas' is, as if it isn't drummed into every primary school child with tedious inevitability!
- Officetramp, London, 17/7/2010 08:52

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Fozzy wrote:"PC WORLD MORONS"? wtf? Does he think PC World have called their shop that because they're politically correct?
Have you ever asked for advice at PC World? I think he's on to something...

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Does he think PC World have called their shop that because they're politically correct?
I have "proof" to the standard of evidence required my the mail.
Last time I dropped into PC World, the technical expert who assisted me was not only Black, but also a woman.

Says it all really. *

* Mailite parting shot, usually employed when they've said nothing of substance, relevance or coherence..
e.g. I saw Carol Smillie shopping in Sainsburys and she'd bought a ciabatta. Says it all really.
Boris Johnson

What the judges say on Monday is what counts. […]

GE 2020

+3 SDLP/Alliance/Sylvia Hermon?

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

This is beautiful. https://twitter.com/DaddyHoggy[…]

Labour, Generally.

I'm currently sitting in a composite meeting on […]