•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Esqui
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Tom_MKUK wrote:
Esqui wrote:Hang on a mo, that's 2002...but the search page lists it as 2011
Damn! False alarm. You almost won the politically correct Winterval hamper full of ethically sourced vegan winter products (produced in the EU). Keep 'em peeled folks, the prize is still up for grabs!
Soon.

One day they will repeat it.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
It's CHRRISSTTMMAASS!!!

Tescos in Durham were flogging off mince pies cheap this afternoon because they are going out of code on Monday, they had loads to get rid of that they hadn't managed to shift BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING OCTOBER YOU MORONS.

Ok so it was snowing here this morning, but we've still got Halloween, Guy Fawkes Night and Rememberance Day to go.
Tescos have got all those Twilight style slutty schoolgirl costumes, Jimmy Savile masks & pink tracksuits and Military wives choir CDs to flog before the start worrying about Winterval stock.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:Well, I hope you bought some.

What I wouldn't give for a palate-scorchingly hot mince pie right now.
At 39p for six I bought far too many.

I may need to buy another freezer to store them all in.
By JuanTwoThree
Pork Pies, pasties, picalili (if that's how you spell it), Marmite, crumpets, Stilton. Tawny Port, Thornton's toffee. Cox's orange pippins, Xmas crackers (can't fly with crackers for the enormous quantity of explosives they contain). A pub, a chippie, a greasy spoon café, SAUSAGES, ham that isn't Spanish for a change, Wensleydale, Welsh cakes, bara brith, laver bread, custard tarts, faggots (Brains), cans of Felinfoel Double dragon, Symonds cider, Turkish delight, 200 Gold Leaf,
and a partridge in a pear tree.
By Carlos The Badger
Membership Days Posts
Isn't all of that available in (certain parts) of Spain, anyway? I remember once going to see a bike race down Sarf (Nerja) and there was a friggin' Iceland in the town centre.
Last edited by Carlos The Badger on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JuanTwoThree
Not here. Perhaps in Madrid, 300 km to the south. Or on the Costas, even further.

There are 7 Brits in the town where I live (population 12000) and 3 of them are my family. There are perhaps 50 in the whole of La Rioja
By Carlos The Badger
Membership Days Posts
Ah, well yes. Definitely on the Costas, but I'd have no idea if there's a "Brit Shop" in Madrid. I don't think there's one in Barça, but it's been years since I've been.

I know some people who get stuff sent over by one of those export firms. S'alright if you don't mind paying a fiver for a pack of HobNobs. Me? Couldn't be arsed!
By JuanTwoThree
M and S send food but I'm not going to bother. Those things are not life or death. And not good for the blood glucose, that's for sure. But nor is turrón.

The shops here are full of Xmas goodies. The tradition is to buy a few sweets, chocolates, bottles and so on every month until a load has been squirrelled away to be consumed in Xmas week.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Daley Mayle wrote:
Kreuzberger wrote:Well, I hope you bought some.

What I wouldn't give for a palate-scorchingly hot mince pie right now.

What items from Blighty would make up your perfect Red Cross parcel?
Hmmm. Probably just Brahn Sorce. Oh, and after having just listened to Any Answers, Anita Anand's pickled vocal chords.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:having just listened to Any Answers,
Oh that wanker, "Why should I have to pay income tax? It's not fair. The children of the unemployed should all be exterminated so I can have more money to spend on me." I bet he masturbates in front of a mirror and shouts his own name in orgasm.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Indeed. If the shit fits, wear it - as I believe S[…]

David Liddington?

Men in suits. French doors. Glass of whisky an[…]

This could only get better if a small-person clow[…]

Sarah Vine aka Mrs Gove

First Lady MacBeth. FTFY - as I believe you tech[…]