•  
  •  
  •  
By JuanTwoThree
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Isn't that how it's done? Just me then?

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:It strikes me that a council looking for a bit of publicity could do well to re-brand their December festivities as Winterval.
Birmingham have already done that. I read all about it in The Daily Mail.

By Samanfur
This is just special:
Killjoy Pope rains on Christmas: Benedict XVI says donkeys have no place in Nativity scene and carols are a myth

- Pontiff discusses falsehoods in his new book 'Jesus of Nazareth: The Infancy Narratives'
- In the gospels there is no mention of animals,’ he wrote, saying it is a seventh century invention
- Angels never sang to the shepherds when Christ was born, Pope also says, claiming carols exist because of that myth
- But he does say that Mary was a virgin who became pregnant with Christ from the power of the Holy Spirit

With just under 34 days until Christmas the Pope has put a dampener on the festive period by rubbishing the idea that donkeys or any other animal have a place in the traditional Nativity scene.
Yes, the Pope is now an enemy of Christmas.
By sporran
Membership Days Posts
I received a leaflet for this the other day:
Macclesfield Winterfest

Essentially the same idea as Winterval, ie. a nice easy brand to cover all the various festivities taking place over the November/December period. Quite surprised the Mail haven't been on to it yet.

See this is what happens, no sooner are Nicholas and Ann Winterton out of the door and they're already BANNING Christmas!
By karlt
Membership Days
Samanfur wrote:This is just special:
Killjoy Pope rains on Christmas: Benedict XVI says donkeys have no place in Nativity scene and carols are a myth

- Pontiff discusses falsehoods in his new book 'Jesus of Nazareth: The Infancy Narratives'
- In the gospels there is no mention of animals,’ he wrote, saying it is a seventh century invention
- Angels never sang to the shepherds when Christ was born, Pope also says, claiming carols exist because of that myth
- But he does say that Mary was a virgin who became pregnant with Christ from the power of the Holy Spirit

With just under 34 days until Christmas the Pope has put a dampener on the festive period by rubbishing the idea that donkeys or any other animal have a place in the traditional Nativity scene.
Yes, the Pope is now an enemy of Christmas.
It's unbelievable really. I don't know a single person, Christian or not, of any tradition or none, to whom any of this would be the slightest surprise.

By davidjay
sporran wrote:I received a leaflet for this the other day:
Macclesfield Winterfest

Essentially the same idea as Winterval, ie. a nice easy brand to cover all the various festivities taking place over the November/December period. Quite surprised the Mail haven't been on to it yet.

See this is what happens, no sooner are Nicholas and Ann Winterton out of the door and they're already BANNING Christmas!
Macclesfield doesn't have a large multiracial community.
Sundry far-right groups and parties.

I see that 'Anonymous' has got his Whataboutery Gl[…]

The Sun

Tomorrow's chip wrapper. Just as they went, foll[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Not that Vienna bollocks again. Could obscure[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

https://twitter.com/henrymance/status/110804014838[…]