•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By SoulBoy
Membership Days Posts
Winkler On Water-skis... The Mail has really jumped the shark now.

Ed & Nicola, a Jackie magazine special: We imagine how the Labour and SNP leaders' relationship might look in the teen casebook

Top rated and reflective of the general reaction are
Harold, Bethyname, United Kingdom, about 4 hours ago
A new low. Call yourself a serious newspaper? No wonder I've gone elsewhere during the run up to the election
Matt, London, United Kingdom, about 4 hours ago
Please remove this utter garbage from your site. It's truly an embarrassing low, even by the DM's standards. And I despise Miliband and Sturgeon. This is just pathetic though

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... le-3064879" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By Fozzy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Bake Off star baker Ian is accused of getting secret coaching from a top chef for his show-winning creme brulee
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3kJSsAiTQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Mail takes on Bake-Off fans at its peril.
Jonno, Swanley, United Kingdom, 14 minutes ago
It's obvious the writer of this article needs to be taught what's real story.
TINY ANN, BLACKPOOL, United Kingdom, 37 minutes ago
DM please make your mind up,you first build people up,and then seem to get kick out of knocking them down,lets have no more gutter journalism like this !!
LeReve, Warrington, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
Someone must have just told the Mail that Bake Off is a BBC show, and clearly they're switching direction to smear every element of it.
ParaHandy, A remote Scottish island, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
Another puerile attempt by the DM to destroy the integrity of The Great British Bake Off.....what's the problem DM, jealous of their success????
CloudBaby, ex UK, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
Another day, another pathetic attempt by the DM to smear someone on the Bake Off. DM we get that you have an agenda against the Beeb but why do your grubby little journos have to rip through the personal lives of innocent participants of its shows as collateral damage? It's a baking show of all things, and the fact that it has become so popular seems to rile the DM into this childish attack.

- and many more like that.
By satnav
There have been quite a few stories over the last week or so knocking contestants from the Great British Bake Off. It's difficult to see why the papers are publishing such drivel given that the show was filmed months ago and a winner has already been picked. Presumably these stories have come about because a jealous former acquaintance or work colleague has tried to cash in by selling a story to the papers.

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
Now the meddling UN sends lawyer to Britain to probe whether benefits reforms 'violate the human rights of the disabled'
Lawyer Catalina Devandas Aguilar expected to visit UK in coming months
She will talk to campaigners over welfare reforms, including Bedroom Tax
Inquiry ordered where UN believes there is 'grave or systematic violations'
MP Ian Liddell-Grainger said inquiry was 'absurd and offensive nonsense'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3kNAkM9dF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although a large number of Mailites have responded in exactly the way you'd expect, and the paper's headline-writer no doubt wanted them to, (e.g., "What did these 2,600 people die of? The shock of finding out they might have to WORK !!", "Refuse entry simples", and "Keep your nose out you cow and go and sort out Syria"), the top-rated comments are all (thankfully) critical of the government and the Mail.

A reader claims to know why though:
Mr ED, Cambs
Wow, the lefties get on here early don't they. Every time there's a story like this there's these stupid liberal comments that eventually get overturned and pushed down the list as the normals get online. For all those dim lefties out there, Labour massaged the unemployment figures for years by shoving healthy people onto disability benefits. Now we are having to weed through the 100'000s of thousands of people taking the system for a ride so the very few really disabled people can get the help they need. Yes there are some mistakes made but the scale of the problem means it's unavoidable.
By Fozzy
I'm sure that people dying in penury because some idiot at ATOS gets a bonus for proclaiming that they're fit for work are delighted to accept that mistakes have to be made. And I'd love to know what Mr ED's interpretation of the term "really disabled" is if he seriously thinks there are very few people who fit that criterion.

By Daley Mayle
Fozzy wrote:I'm sure that people dying in penury because some idiot at ATOS gets a bonus for proclaiming that they're fit for work are delighted to accept that mistakes have to be made. And I'd love to know what Mr ED's interpretation of the term "really disabled" is if he seriously thinks there are very few people who fit that criterion.

Does it matter that a few innocent people are caught in the net when 100'000 scum are being thrown out of the benefit system?

I did say in a post that when Thatcher came to power in 1979 there were about 800k people on a disability benefit but by 1997 there were 2.7m; many of them long term unemployed shifted over to massage the unemployment figures. Didn't get past the mods, that one.
By Coupled Moment
Membership Days
They would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for the meddling UN.

Maybe they'll take of Ian Duncan Smith's rubber horror mask and there'll be a human underneath.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
A good point well made....

Michelle Rodriguez displays sideboob as she emerges from motel in blood-soaked dressing gown while filming gritty movie Tomboy, A Revenger's Tale in Canada
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... anada.html

Paul Tarsus, Bristol, 46 minutes ago
A woman comes out of a motel covered in grime with blood dripping from her underwear, and the DM goes "Phwoar - side boob!" I'm not entirely sure that's a mentally balanced reaction to such a sight.
+140 -2

They have since changed the headline. I do wonder what prompts them to make these changes, whether it's complaints or they have a 'What the fuck were you thinking' department.
By satnav
Revealed: Luxury holidays of the junior doctors leading this week's NHS strike over shift patterns

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3wslQgspn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think this particular doctor bashing story has been lifted from 'The Sun'. Most of the top comment recognize that this is nothing but a cheap smear.
Wait, so doctors aren't allowed to take holidays now? Please stop with these pathetic attempts to smear us DM.
we need to attract more doctors and we need the doctors we have to be happy, stress free and nor over-worked. they should be allowed to enjoy the benefits of their invaluable work without being made to feel guilty. nurses pay should also be doubled.
DM you really are scraping the barrel now. It's almost laughable the way you are trying to spin this dispute. When I read that 98% of doctors are against the new proposals, then thats good enough for me.
Sir Keir Starmer

He could do well to ignore drivel like this. http[…]

Boris Johnson

Blimey. Obviously I hope Johnson recovers. And as […]

The new leader of the Labour Party

Well, that didn't take long, did it? Savile […]

Roll Call

My sister - upon my request - sent me a photo of h[…]