•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By satnav
Membership Days Posts
Another attempt to smear striking junior doctors appears to have gone tits up.

'You should be disgusted with yourselves': Furious man whose sister died of cancer snaps at striking junior doctors for being 'egged on by Corbyn's cronies' in heated picket line confrontation

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... -outs.html

You have to read the article very carefully to discover the man's sister died two years ago and had nothing to do with the current dispute.

Most of the top comments under the story are all in favour of the strike.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Saw that. He complained that they had 'signed the Hippocratic oath' which says 'you have to help people'.

Of course, doctors don't sign any oaths, and the Hippocratic one is a load of guff about ethics and not doing harm or mischief.

Presumably they should have been researching time travel to go back and cure his sister...
Last edited by Malcolm Armsteen on Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
‘I pointed to one of the TUC representatives who was there and told them they were not helping themselves by aligning themselves with Corbyn’s cronies as we cannot go back to the dark days of the 1970s.
Yes, you just came out and said that.

By Catkins
Membership Days Posts
Interestingly it looks like he's deleted his social media profile overnight. But you can see from the comments under this article in response to him, that he's a bit of a gobby keyboard warrior having a go at low paid staff who have the temerity to ask for a living wage, and by the look of threatened to get someone sacked from Nandos.

http://thelincolnite.co.uk/2015/11/rest ... e-protest/

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
I wonder where he gets it from....

I hate conspiracy theorist really quite a lot so if I'm in danger of being one here please do tell me to shut the fuck up. To me, though, this looks like a set up. A man with previous for this type of thing (allegedly) happens to turn up and start reeling of right wing cliches on film and then made into headline news.

By Catkins
Membership Days Posts
I hate conspiracy theorist really quite a lot so if I'm in danger of being one here please do tell me to shut the fuck up.
No, it's a reasonable assumption.

It looks like a BBC journo was there just to speak to the doctors and captured the tirade. They posted it on the twitter feed
https://twitter.com/BBCRadioLincs/statu ... 5645710336

As you can see from the comments, the Mail is straight in there asking to use the footage.

As for Mr Minister, he was not, as the Mail states, just driving past. He told the local paper that he went there to berate them.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote: I hate conspiracy theorist really quite a lot so if I'm in danger of being one here please do tell me to shut the fuck up. To me, though, this looks like a set up. A man with previous for this type of thing (allegedly) happens to turn up and start reeling of right wing cliches on film and then made into headline news.
I don't think that you're a conspiracy theorist if you're suggesting that vast tracts of the media are hand-in-glove with the tories and that plants are often used. Now that Mrs Madeupname has bitten the digital dust, there are more than enough stooges who will gladly take her place.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:Saw that. He complained that they had 'signed the Hippocratic oath' which says 'you have to help people'.

Of course, doctors don't sign any oaths, and the Hippocratic one is a load of guff about ethics and not doing harm or mischief.

Presumably they should have been researching time travel to go back and cure his sister...
It also has a prohibition against doing surgery which comes across a bit odd in modern medicine.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Safe_Timber_Man wrote: I hate conspiracy theorist really quite a lot so if I'm in danger of being one here please do tell me to shut the fuck up. To me, though, this looks like a set up. A man with previous for this type of thing (allegedly) happens to turn up and start reeling of right wing cliches on film and then made into headline news.
I don't think that you're a conspiracy theorist if you're suggesting that vast tracts of the media are hand-in-glove with the tories and that plants are often used. Now that Mrs Madeupname has bitten the digital dust, there are more than enough stooges who will gladly take her place.
I understand there's very good money to be made in that line of work.

By hel
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
A lot of the anti-striking coverage (like that Sun column, or a similar one I saw in the Evening Standard) assumes junior doctors = young doctors, and they always seem to imply that their ideas are just youthful idealism not to be taken seriously and they'll just grow out of it one day. I could be wrong but my understanding is that virtually all hospital doctors are junior doctors, they're not necessarily all young or newly-qualified.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Scroll down, kids. Stig has more information. Wh[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

Continuing form my rant about 6" and 15"[…]

Team Bercow!! It's about time somebody pulled the[…]

Reasonably epic Mail Fail

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/18/15/111424[…]