•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Eight-months-pregnant British woman is refused treatment by Cambridge hospital unless she can prove she is English – after taking her Polish husband's surname

K an English Women, in formally - England, United Kingdom, 10 hours ago
I see nothing wrong with checking her or anyone else who the system believes are not entitled..... keep it up and and those who are legally entitled to an appointment/treatment might just get it.

Mollayo, Seoul, South Korea, moments ago
It¿s women like her who are helping to bankrupt the NHS. Moan and moan. What is the problem to prove your identity?

NHS gets hammered for not checking credentials and hammered if they do......Give It a rest and just take documents once as requested. Hastle then over!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... y-row.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Arnold wrote:
Eight-months-pregnant British woman is refused treatment by Cambridge hospital unless she can prove she is English – after taking her Polish husband's surname

K an English Women, in formally - England, United Kingdom, 10 hours ago
I see nothing wrong with checking her or anyone else who the system believes are not entitled..... keep it up and and those who are legally entitled to an appointment/treatment might just get it.

Mollayo, Seoul, South Korea, moments ago
It¿s women like her who are helping to bankrupt the NHS. Moan and moan. What is the problem to prove your identity?

NHS gets hammered for not checking credentials and hammered if they do......Give It a rest and just take documents once as requested. Hastle then over!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... y-row.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Comentators live in a world where medical records don't exist.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... r-comments

Comments have a strong "Remember who enabled and cheerled this, when it was an obviously flawed idea" curent.
Hang your heads in shame Daily Mail! You helped to bring this about by supporting Gove and his cronies at the academies trough.
Yes they did and most of its readers voted for it too but I very much doubt that the Mail or its readers have enough self awareness or insight to understand the point you are making
Tory Ideology at its finest!
You don't get it do you? These are not Schools anymore since Gove they are Private Companies and you know what Private Companies worship yes Profits and fat cat Salaries!
It's called privatisation. You lot voted for it and approved of it. It¿s a bit too late for you lot to have second thoughts now. DM readers getting everything wrong since 1892.
So it's not about educating the next generation - just how much you can s p u n k out of the system for your own benefit - how very capitalist of you...
s p u n k presumably being part of the list while
c a p i t a l i s t is not.

By AOB
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
BBC refuses to investigate Chris Evans 'sex bullying' claims
Rots, Northampton, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Why should the bbc investigate it? It happened whilst he was employed by channel 4 and the police have already investigated it and said that there is insufficient evidence.

Not much more to say. Evans is an odious shit, always has been, but that's not the issue here.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Blundering NHS bosses host a conference for grieving families in a room called the ASHES Suite
Best rated
public X, Birmingham, United Kingdom, 5 hours ago
I don't see an issue. What's going on, are we living in a world of snowflakes now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... stake.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Three Home Office staff run up £18,000 bill after spending NINE WEEKS staying at 'dreamy' Caribbean holiday resort with waterfalls and private plunge pools
Annette, NYC, United Kingdom, 17 minutes ago

I'm usually first in line to condemn fat cats who take advantage of the rest of us. But I don't see anything wrong here. They were in Antigua, which is a member of the Commonwealth--not some random country. It isn't their fault that Antigua has nice beaches, etc. And 18000 pounds for three people and for 64 days comes to about 94 pounds per day. That is a very reasonable cost for someone staying away from home on a business trip. They would have had to cover the hotel, food, transportation, and any communications charges out of that. I conserve as much as possible when travelling for work and I would have spent more than that!
RickyMcK, Dumbarton, United Kingdom, moments ago

Have you worked out that 9 weeks for 3 people @ £18k equates to £667 a week! This is nothing and expenses for the same in the UK would have way outstripped this
Julie L C, Sunderland, United Kingdom, 19 minutes ago

Stop trying to create a drama out of nothing. It works out at less than £100 per person per night. It costs me much more than that to attend meetings in London stating at a lousy travelodge. Stop trying to demonise civil servants. I spend a lot of time working away and stopping in hotels. It¿s not a life of luxury - most of the time all you see is the office and the inside of your hotel room

isntitironic1, Mars, United Kingdom, moments ago

Read it properly they actually didn't pay $600 a night for their stay.. If you do the maths it works out around £95 a night.

Churchview, Halifax, 25 minutes ago

That¿s cheaper than the travel lodge in Leicester. They will have got a bulk deal for the three staying g and they should be allowed to stay ina good hotel I would as a non state employee working away from home so why should they not?

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
HomeNavy veteran with PTSD is fined £100 for 'overstaying' in a parking space while recovering from a flashback - before car park firm reject his appeal and threaten to sue him

Some commenters are from the imaginary diseases brigade. Others make the valid point that if minor motoring disputes aggravate his medical condition, he shouldn't be driving, especially a taxi. Generally he's not getting much sympathy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... space.html

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Former EastEnders star Elaine Lordan, 51, appears frail as she drinks on the street... 15 years after leaving the soap

The Mail shows its compassionate side by printing almost 50 pictures. Just about all commenters think it's a vile article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z58nmtwmSi
Paul Thomas Redux

What's that ill-defined structure to the right of […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Scroll down, kids. Stig has more information. Wh[…]

Team Bercow!! It's about time somebody pulled the[…]

Reasonably epic Mail Fail

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/18/15/111424[…]