Discussion of the more serious side of the Mail's agenda
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Big Rob wrote:Not wanting to get to deep into this, it is necessary to point out that what makes one person feel uncomfortable may not make another person feel uncomfortable.
Hence my point about empathy and understanding. (Ass) Rape is not something that happens to "other people" or in some land of make-believe. Do I really need to dig out that post from a couple of years ago?

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Big Rob wrote:
The problem with expecting others to watch their words, when they are not using those words in a deliberately derogatory manner, can be a short journey towards sanctimony.

It's a shame some people can't grasp this very simple concept.

It doesn't take much intelligence to recognise when someone is being malicious or when they're just using a figure of speech, which may be insensitive sometimes, but certainly not something to start a witch hunt over or engining public apologies. It feels very forced.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:Swann has apologised very publicly for his his crass and insensitive comments.

I rise to my feet and applaud your cheer-leading for the "PC gorn mad" brigade long after this story has slipped off the news agenda.

It's for the best that he did apologise but I think it is murky ground. Some people will be genuinely offended by his comments and he wouldn't have wanted that. Others, however, are just trying too hard to be sanctimonious and feign outrage and his apology will sadly be to placate them, too.

He'll use the phrase again in the future among his mates, I'm almost certain. His apology was forced upon him so he'll probably be a bit more careful about where he says it!

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote: It's for the best that he did apologise but I think it is murky ground. Some people will be genuinely offended by his comments and he wouldn't have wanted that. Others, however, are just trying too hard to be sanctimonious and feign outrage and his apology will sadly be to placate them, too.

He'll use the phrase again in the future among his mates, I'm almost certain. His apology was forced upon him so he'll probably be a bit more careful about where he says it!
All that sanctimony and faux outrage from the perpetually offended professional whiners that inhabit the subversive midsts of Rape Crisis and the annual half million victims of sexual violence.

I am going to be as charitable as I can and presume Stockholm Syndrome.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Parents' fury after young girls who built den during holidays moved on by police who checked if they had Asbos

Built with broken off branches by the look of it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2zVpeAsnY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By karlt
Membership Days
Problem is, the same Mailites complaining about the over zealous police and waxing lyrical about the freedom of their youth are the same buggers who assume every young person's up to no good and describe any hanging out as "anti-social behaviour" - i.e. the same sort of twats who called the police in the first place.
Euro Elections 2019

... i.e. a sharp kick to the nethers for Labo[…]

Labour, Generally.

It’s OK everyone, apparently it’s Tom […]

Theresa May

That's all those wanting to be the next PM can see[…]

Claire Fox

She's top of the list, sadly. Nigel Farage an[…]