•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By shyamz
Membership Days Posts
Quite a few people have stated online that they find Cameron's use of his son very distasteful. Many of those have not exactly been what you would call left of center politically. Why is there not an equal amount of anger towards them from people like this? Oh...yeah...obviously.

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
Fury as bishops say cuts mean poor are cast aside: Cameron and angry MPs attack church's two most senior figures
Archbishops of Canterbury and York say UK's consumerism is 'rampant'
Comments likened to saga which led Thatcherites to call church Marxist
Lord Heseltine said remarks 'out of touch' and PM 'profoundly disagreed'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3OxzGqZW2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With bonus Damian Thompson:
Perhaps the most depressing aspect of this offensive by the Church of England is the involvement of the Archbishop of Canterbury. The fact is that some of what he says is patently not true.

Of course, there are parts of Britain that, sadly, struggle with poverty and addiction, but that does not make us 'a people in crisis'.
We are embarked on a fragile economic recovery, under a Government that is attempting to reduce inequality by ambitious and expensive welfare reforms.

Yet, as in 1985, the Church of England apparently wants to derail that recovery, by painting a picture of an economic landscape so apocalyptic that voters will take the risk of making Ed Miliband prime minister and putting Ed Balls – God help us – in charge of the country's finances..
Ultimately, a key reason for the Church of England's hostility to market forces lies in its own failure to sell itself.

Church attendance has fallen off a cliff – and the same would be true of Catholics, too, if it were not for the presence here of immigrants.

Embarrassed by this fact, bishops are reduced to pontificating about the 'scandal' of food banks and issues such as climate change.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Yes because what the CoE is really there for is for Decent People to feel good about themselves on a Sunday morning and on Christmas Eve.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Timely...

Tory MP comes out as an atheist, warns on Satanism
James Arbuthnot, who represents North East Hampshire, said he only now felt comfortable talking about his faith because he is standing down at the next election. He said the need to appear religious was equivalent to the pressure to “keep quiet about being gay”.
http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/t ... gk-Jzbpkox" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Daley Mayle wrote:Cameron has this wet dream where he only has to say, 'Will no one rid me of these turbulent priests?' and IDS, Gove and Pickles ride out at dawn.

IDS - Death "He rides a pale horse"
Pickles - Famine (After he's had his "share"): "He rides a Black (and rather exhausted) Horse"
Gove - War (Let's bomb Syria) - He Rides a Red Horse.

We're only missing Jeremy Hunt - Pestilence - on his white horse.
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
Permitted myself a wry smile at this one.

Treasury fury as military splashes £120m on staff cars - and owns 15 golf courses: Osborne faces backlash over £500m defence cut

I'll be honest, I'm more concerned about spunking £90bn on Trident. Could it be that we generally piss too much money away on the military? Surely not.

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
new puritan wrote:Permitted myself a wry smile at this one.

Treasury fury as military splashes £120m on staff cars - and owns 15 golf courses: Osborne faces backlash over £500m defence cut

I'll be honest, I'm more concerned about spunking £90bn on Trident. Could it be that we generally piss too much money away on the military? Surely not.
I often wonder, in cases like this, where the fury actually comes from, the typical Mail reader won't know anything about it until it's presented to them in the paper

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
new puritan wrote:Permitted myself a wry smile at this one.

There has to be a "bunker" gag hiding away somewhere in there.

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Treasury fury? Nae chance. This is probably a story that came from the Treasury and put out there to show how much waste there is in the MOD and any cuts in budgets can be covered by working efficiently and stopping that waste without any reduction in the forces' operating capability.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
At least Thatcher was smart enough to raise police budgets when she went on the attack so they do your dirty work when you need them.
Sara Thornton: Police may no longer attend burglaries
The public should not expect to see a police officer after crimes such as burglary, the head of the new National Police Chiefs' Council has said.
Sara Thornton told the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire budget cuts and the changing nature of criminality meant police in England and Wales had to prioritise.
She said it "could be" that if an iPad was stolen from a home an officer would not come round to investigate.
There had to be a "conversation with the public" over priorities, she added.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33676308" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Grace Blakeley https://twitter.com/graceblakeley[…]

Meanwhile in Greece

Seriously though, what a bunch of imbeciles, g[…]

Theresa May

According to the Telegraph, May "is consideri[…]

Daily Express headline today

https://i.postimg.cc/m2FBpS7M/Dx-Ytyk-VX4-AESb-Mp[…]