:sunglasses: 33.3 % :grinning: 66.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
How the Mailiverse permeates into the world.
http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news ... prisons/r/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Year 11 students take it for granted that all prisoners get plasma TVs, Persian carpets etc. They begin a campaign for 'tougher gaols'. Teachers accept this as the basis for coursework (is it fuck), local newspaper simply prints it straight.

The message is promulgated and endorsed...
Last edited by Malcolm Armsteen on Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
By smod
Membership Days Posts
What evidence do they present for rising crime? What evidence do they offer prison life is easier? I can only assume they are locked in their bedrooms for 23 hours a day. Clearly their answer for violent offenders is food rationing, lack of visits and possible hanging.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:How the Mailiverse permeates into the world.
http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news ... prisons/r/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Year 11 students take it for granted that all prisoners get plasma TVs, Persian carpets etc. They begin a campaign for 'tougher gaols'. Teachers accept this as the basis for coursework (is it fuck), local newspaper simply prints it straight.

"Persian carpets" - that's a new one on me. Is it a euphemism for hashish? As in, "Are you going to pop round for a fly on my Persian carpet later?", "Nah, I think I'll give it a rest thanks, I've got a bit of a sore throat after last night, know what I mean?"

Re. the Your Local Guardian comments, "Smudger" seems very familiar, I wonder who that could be? Any ideas Malcolm?

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
oboogie wrote:

"Persian carpets" - that's a new one on me. Is it a euphemism for hashish? As in, "Are you going to pop round for a fly on my Persian carpet later?", "Nah, I think I'll give it a rest thanks, I've got a bit of a sore throat after last night, know what I mean?"

Re. the Your Local Guardian comments, "Smudger" seems very familiar, I wonder who that could be? Any ideas Malcolm?

I think you'll find that Malcolm has been barred from most online news sites.

By Ebon Badger
Membership Days
oboogie wrote:

Re the rugs: I get the sinking feeling they mean prayer mats. Whilst some of them are very nice, I'd be very surpirsed if a crim's family would actually risk sending a genuine persian prayer mat to a building full of people who like to nick stuff :lol:
By Tom_UK
Membership Days Posts
Deanna Hammond, 15, from Carshalton said: "Our project is about whether prisons in the UK are more of a reward rather than a prison.

"We feel very strongly about the issue and feel that prisoners should be treated more harshly than they currently are.
I know they're only fifteen, but I think somewhere along the line, perhaps their teacher should have pointed out that you don't start a research project with "we feel very strongly about the issue" and "we feel that...", it rather dents its credibility.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Tom_MKUK wrote:
Deanna Hammond, 15, from Carshalton said: "Our project is about whether prisons in the UK are more of a reward rather than a prison.

"We feel very strongly about the issue and feel that prisoners should be treated more harshly than they currently are.
I know they're only fifteen, but I think somewhere along the line, perhaps their teacher should have pointed out that you don't start a research project with "we feel very strongly about the issue" and "we feel that...", it rather dents its credibility.
Nothing wrong with starting out with a hypothesis as long as you are prepared accept the results of your research and adjust your position according to your findings.
It does annoy me that, in that first sentence, Deanna has used the word prison where she means punishment.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
It's PSHE, could be being taught by anybody...
But yes, it's abysmal critical thinking, I would die of shame if my students had ever done anything so poor.
I also wonder how this story made the local paper, after all they haven't reported on the kids looking at aid to Africa have they?
By Giant f*cking Sudoku
Membership Days
Lamentably misguided right-wing sentiments at such a young age :( Still, a few more years, and some of them (if they have a 50 grand trust fund) might get into a uni that'll make them eventually look back on such wretched projects with embarrassing distaste.

Something Mail parents truly squirm over ;)

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Daley Mayle wrote:Fruity young girls from Surrey demanding a tougher regime for prisoners? Just how much onanistic material can a man take? Call the Telegraph.
Just checked out the survey.

"Do you think relatives should be able to visit prisoners?"

I have never seen this raised as a controversial issue by even the most hardline hang and flag em nut right tory grandee.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:It's PSHE, could be being taught by anybody...
But yes, it's abysmal critical thinking, I would die of shame if my students had ever done anything so poor.
I also wonder how this story made the local paper, after all they haven't reported on the kids looking at aid to Africa have they?
Given their Hobby subject and their easy access to the press, is it unreasonable to suspect a family link to the worst kind of journalist?
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Indeed. If the shit fits, wear it - as I believe S[…]

David Liddington?

Men in suits. French doors. Glass of whisky an[…]

This could only get better if a small-person clow[…]

Sarah Vine aka Mrs Gove

First Lady MacBeth. FTFY - as I believe you tech[…]