•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
Every single beggar in one city is a FRAUD! Police say rough sleepers only claim to be homeless and are making 'substantial amounts of money'
Police say the 'rough sleepers' in Ely, Cambridgeshire, are misleading the public
Sergeant Phil Priestley: begging 'can be a lucrative opportunity' for opportunists
Claim every homeless person has been offered a housing and support options

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... eless.html

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Messianic Trees wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:28 pm
Every single beggar in one city is a FRAUD! Police say rough sleepers only claim to be homeless and are making 'substantial amounts of money'
Police say the 'rough sleepers' in Ely, Cambridgeshire, are misleading the public
Sergeant Phil Priestley: begging 'can be a lucrative opportunity' for opportunists
Claim every homeless person has been offered a housing and support options

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... eless.html
The non-think might have noticed that "offered a housing and support option" isn't identical to "only claim to be homeless".

The story might gain (or lose) credibility of the claim of "lucrative opportunity" was backed by a quantity.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Whatever the lucrative opportunities, I think they're balanced out by the risk of hypothermia and abuse/assault.
Cyclist, Samanfur liked this

By davidjay
Membership Days Posts
Sick thugs in graveyard rampage smash graves of Polish soldiers and airmen who battled Hitler
Headstones have been destroyed at Blockley Station Road Cemetery in Blockley

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z59YRUXEAZ

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
The 'Snowflakes are taking over' narrative:

Snowflake parents change 'politically incorrect' fairytales so Little Red Riding Hood makes friends with the wolf, the Gingerbread Man doesn't get eaten and the ugly sisters help Cinderella with her chores
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... d-Man.html

The survey of 2,000 parents. Conducted for musicMagpie by OnePoll.com

bobknee, Wokingham, United Kingdom, 27 minutes ago
The worst I have experienced is my grandson's school singing "baa baa rainbow sheep"". I kid you not.
+43 -0

No, Bob. You just made that up.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Irrelevantly, I was treated to a rendition of 'Twinkle, Twinkle Black Sheep' yesterday, by my 3yo grand-daughter. It didn't scan worth a bugger, but her rendition was enthusiastic. She learned Black Sheep at nursery...

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Whatever happened to

Flippetty-flap fiendish vampire bat
How I wonder what you're at
Up above the world so high
Like a tea tray in the sky

I suppose that might have been a local thing, I've certainly not heard any kids anywhere else singing it this past 40-odd years.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:02 am
The 'Snowflakes are taking over' narrative:
Snowflake parents change 'politically incorrect' fairytales so Little Red Riding Hood makes friends with the wolf, the Gingerbread Man doesn't get eaten and the ugly sisters help Cinderella with her chores
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... d-Man.html

The Mail has droned for nearly a century about how this computer game, that comic, this pop singer or that character from TV is corrupting our kids and should be BANNED!

I'd personally like to rewrite Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit. Mr MacGregor's only pleasure as a lonely pensioner is his lovingly attended garden and then finds it wrecked by some bastard rabbits. What sort of trap would you set children to stick Peter and his friends into a stew?
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The reaction a few people have had to the recent film. Although there was also an element of "is animal cruelty OK if the animal sounds like James Cordern?".
spoonman liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Cyclist wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:35 pm
Whatever happened to

Up above the world so high
Like a tea tray in the sky

I suppose that might have been a local thing, I've certainly not heard any kids anywhere else singing it this past 40-odd years.
I sing her a version of that - pretty close. She rolls her eyes and says 'Pop-pops!' in a way that little girls can only learn from their mothers...
Cyclist liked this
The Sun

I can't keep up. No deal is great, ok and terrible[…]

Climate change and "politics"

BR, you may want it to be treated as a purely scie[…]

Indeed. I've recently had someone on Quora tell m[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

And of course, the BBC carried all of it live, wit[…]