•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:Or that he was called Liberance.
So he wasn't, I thought that was his name. I shall also check out the film so I will know even more about this character. Like Harold Wilson I seem to remember him through Mike Yarwood impressions rather than the man himself.
By satnav
Membership Days Posts
Here is a bit from the Guardian about the case.
The solicitor Brid Jordan appeared on behalf of the Daily Mail publisher, Associated Newspapers, and apologised unreservedly for the hidden earpiece claim "which it accepts is untrue".

Atkins told the court that the article appeared in the Daily Mail "in the context of a general attack on psychics as being charlatans".

The claim about the hidden earpiece arose during a phone-in programme on Irish radio when two women who attended the Dublin show said they thought they had heard two crew members saying something which Morgan then repeated on stage.

Following the claim, Morgan issued a statement debunking the claim as "nonsense" and the theatre separately denied there had been any scam.

It later emerged that the crew members who were said to be part of the setup were subcontracted by the theatre and not members of Morgan's team.

It also looks like the article was written by a stage magician rather than a journalist so he may have not been too careful how he wrote up the story.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
satnav wrote:This headline has brightened up a dull day.

Daily Mail payout to Sally Morgan over psychic 'scam' article

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22988215

A payout of £125,000. I bet they didn't see that coming!
No hard feelings apparently . She's now Princess Di's psychic Sally Morgan
By satnav
Membership Days Posts
I'm not sure where the Princess Di guff has come from, I pretty certain that Diana visited a psychic in Derbyshire.

Whilst the article is fairly positive I've looked in my crystal ball and predict there will be at least 300 negative comments under the article by this time tomorrow.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Indeed she did. It was reported at the time (about a month before her death) in a very much "Oh gawd, what is she up to now?" manner. Always worth remembering that right up to the moment of her death, Di was not a universally beloved figure in the British media; rather a figure of increasing fun.

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:Indeed she did. It was reported at the time (about a month before her death) in a very much "Oh gawd, what is she up to now?" manner. Always worth remembering that right up to the moment of her death, Di was not a universally beloved figure in the British media; rather a figure of increasing fun.
A point often overlooked during the beatification of St Di of the Wronged Woman.

Jon Worth's having a go at decoding https://twitt[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

No. The Duke killed William's mum. Please keep u[…]

Jess Phillips

Looking at the latest fiasco unraveling this after[…]

Bloody Sunday

PETER HITCHENS: The trial of 'Soldier F' is the […]