•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Esqui wrote:
Daley Mayle wrote:I'm sure that happens as well but you would have thought that given the way newspapers rip people to bits they might think twice when there's an unasked for approach by the media. Many of these stories originate in Closer and Heat magazine and this is when the approach is from the individual to the magazines where they get a few hundred quid and a day in the limelight. Just because they're poor doesn't mean they're stupid, that's ready cash and they couldn't give a fuck about the fall out.
I dunno, I get the impression that the after-show help for them is somewhat more comprehensive and far less antagonistic than the stuff that goes on TV.
On the subject of aftercare. https://libcom.org/blog/open-letter-gra ... w-01112013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By Esqui
Pumping iron and back on the streets, Baby P monster’s new identity as a life coach and personal trainer after serving six years in jail over toddler’s horrific death

The man has served his time and is now turning his life around. But the Mail can't have that..
Owen, whose new identity the Mail has decided not to reveal
Other than showing us pictures and videos of him.
On Owen’s Facebook page, which was deleted after the Mail made inquiries earlier this week, were numerous philosophical statements
= we harassed him over Facebook
Owen did not respond to requests for comment made via the woman thought to be his girlfriend.
= we also harassed his girlfriend
By Andy McDandy
Not just the Mail who do this. A few years ago there was a guy who won the lottery while on day release while serving time for rape. The Mirror took him on as pretty much a personal cause.

Aside from the imbecility of arguing the 'justice' of a piece of random luck, they sent reporters to harass the guy, and pretty much gave out enough clues for any pitchfork-wielder to find his home.

It's incitement. Carefully worded to stay on the right side of the law, but incitement of vigilantism (which can then be gleefully reported on) nonetheless.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Esqui wrote: The man has served his time and is now turning his life around. But the Mail can't have that..
A simplistic world of good and evil is so much more simpler to process
suzy smith, belfast, about 7 hours ago
Satan has may names ie .. Lucifer or the devil .. he can hide his name but he cannot hide who is .. he will rot in hell if there is any justice in the world

Ed b, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
expose this evil man for the rest of his life

schlomo78, norwich, about 8 hours ago
Why can't we bring back the death penalty?

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Baby P was manna from heaven for the tabloids wasn't it? A poor innocent baby murdered by his scum bag council estate parents, inept out of touch social workers who work in North London who allowed him to die, more evidence that Britain is going to hell in a handcart and now that the killer's been released they can hound just like like all the others.

By Daley Mayle
It wasn't a good idea to put his photos on Facebook along with other details about his personal life. Having done that the MoS can justify publishing the details as it's all out there in the public domain.

Give 'em an inch and they'll take the proverbial mile (that's 2.4cm/1.6km for our younger readers and Kreutzy who's probably gone native).

By Malcolm Armsteen
I think there's a swell of opinion that his sentence was too light. I'd say that centres around the general impression (and that gained by me) that killing a child often carries a lighter sentence than killing an adult. I don't know if that's true, but it's an impression.

I'm not sure if that's what the Mailites are onto, though. I think, as you say, that they believe all sentences should be whole life without parole, living on mouldy bread and ditchwater.

By davidjay
Fozzy wrote:It always seems to take Mail readers by surprise that prison sentences come to an end. I would love to ask a few whether they would seriously prefer it if this man were prevented by Mail publicity from earning a living so that their taxes would have to support him instead?
No, because they believe he should either have been executed or lifeshouldmeanlife.
By Andy McDandy
It's a matter of nuance. He wasn't convicted of murder, or even manslaughter, but of causing or allowing the kid's death. Yes, in the general public opinion, he and the others may as well have killed Peter, but we're talking about a very messy situation.

Simply put, it was impossible to determine which of the three killed Peter, or which injury killed him, or if it was a case of death by a thousand cuts. Who was present, and when? Who could have intervened? It's possible to look at it this way - what could you reliably convict the guy on?

Profoundly depressing, and yes, he probably deserved a longer sentence. But we can't change facts. He's served time and that's that. Appeals to vigilantism help nobody, and might just end up with another dead body.
By SoulBoy
Membership Days Posts
Today's hate figure. A very non-PLU family who have the temerity to own an 11 year old car (not quite sure why they haven't bothered to pixelate the license plate).

Mother-of-two forced to live in her car with her children aged five and seven after losing their home and being kicked out of temporary accommodation

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ation.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Mailites seem to have learnt a lot more about this lady's circumstances than I was able to glean from the article, many of them certain the kids have different dads, were born just to get a council house etc.
Boris Johnson

To be fair to Corbyn, I wouldn't blame him for a s[…]

The LibDems, generally

This policy is OK, but the refusal to work with La[…]

Johnson's deal, if it exists, is going to be harde[…]

The Sun

Cameron is a Tory: What do you expect aside form […]