•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
I'll go for a number 2, Bob.

2 faced, 2 bit, second rate spivs.

Explains their failure to understand the EU, which aspires to (though often falling short) function at level 5.

Concepts like cooperation or pooled sovereignty are hard to grasp when your lizard brain is constantly repeating:
"What's in it for me".
"How can I beat these guys and come out on top".

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
Considering the Mail is in favour of leaving, that's a relatively understandable point of view, and clearly Geordie has grabbed the wheel back, and Dacre has been locked in his office.

However, as you would expect, accurately laying a large amount of blame at the feet of the ERG and their ilk hasn't got down well with the frothing hordes below the line, with one lunatic accusing the Mail, and all newspapers of being dead set against the idea of leaving since day one.

Quite, quite mad.
The change at the top goes some way to explain the mail shifting its Ire from remoaner traitors to hard brexit zealots (Careful now or they'll call anti-semitism).

It's interesting to note that they're not alone in this shift.
The Sun has softened its position, if not its rhetoric.

The Telegraph remains a hold out for the methodical Brexiteer.
Though interleaved with brainfarts from the likes of Donald "Why didn't you listen to my daddy" Trump Jr.
Meanwhile the Express carries the torch for the furious, but not quite sure why, gammon tendency, who will wage at what they're told to.

Not sure about the Times, which has reduced itself to an irrelevance in public terms with its paywalling.
Times is Tories looking on in despair and bewilderment because they voted remain and those nice ones ("Thatcherism with diversity quotas") have been replaced by this shower. And wondering how on earth it happened.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:30 am
Times is Tories looking on in despair and bewilderment because they voted remain and those nice ones ("Thatcherism with diversity quotas") have been replaced by this shower. And wondering how on earth it happened.
I'm surprised that uncle Rupert permits that level of debate.
Seems to me that as far as the press were concerned, deal or no deal never really mattered. As long as it looked as if we were getting one over on Johnny Foreigner, that was all that mattered.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:24 am
Seems to me that as far as the press were concerned, deal or no deal never really mattered. As long as it looked as if we were getting one over on Johnny Foreigner, that was all that mattered.

I try so hard to get in the minds of Brexiters just to enjoy the schadenfreude. But its beyond my reach. And I can share the joy and empathise with eight years olds with sticks who are off to find monsters in an abandoned castle.
Boris Johnson

What the judges say on Monday is what counts. […]

GE 2020

+3 SDLP/Alliance/Sylvia Hermon?

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

This is beautiful. https://twitter.com/DaddyHoggy[…]

Labour, Generally.

I'm currently sitting in a composite meeting on […]