Discussion of the more serious side of the Mail's agenda
:sunglasses: 38.5 % ❤ 1.5 % :thumbsup: 7.7 % 😯 1.5 % :grinning: 30.8 % 🙏 1.5 % 😟 18.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:24 pm
That, and invoking the name of a favourite beat combo of mine*. Scumbags.

*The current incarnation doesn't even come close to the glory days, mind. Thinking about it, the pale imitation of someone else's act isn't a bad unintentional metaphor.

Seconded a hundred times over. There should be some sort of agency that can take a band's name away when it gets dishonoured in such a way (see also Slade).

By Oblomov
satnav wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 9:30 pm

You would have thought that the Daily Mail would have learned its lesson about using Hurrah in its headline after its brief flirtation with the Black shirts.
The kind of celebratory tone reserved for winning some major sportsball thing.

I wonder if the bereaved will find their loss diminished by being able to go to the park slightly more often now.
Kreuzberger liked this
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
If the Mail thinks there are no risks associated with schools returning why would teachers be heroes if they return?

The key bit in the story is where they say 'Ministers have drawn up plans for a phased return', when schools were closed the government said any return would involve consultations with the unions but this has not happened. First the government leaked a story to the Telegraph about the possibility of schools opening two weeks ago, Boris then talked about schools re-opening last Sunday and then it has taken another days for ministers to engage with the unions.

Ideally schools would need at least two weeks to prepare classrooms and sort out other arrangements for a phased return. But that 2 weeks would start from when guidance has been agreed and published.
Round the Blogs

I'll say - the person behind that feed will probab[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

Starmer has done it. Within 6 months of becoming l[…]

Boris Johnson

Hmm. Given the turn against Johnson in his usually[…]

US election 2020

It works remarkably well if you consider that it w[…]