Discussion of the more serious side of the Mail's agenda
:sunglasses: 38.5 % ❤ 1.5 % :thumbsup: 7.7 % 😯 1.5 % :grinning: 30.8 % 🙏 1.5 % 😟 18.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Can anybody point me to the Mail's article where they tear into the cowardly public schools for not reopening until September?
I've searched Mailonline but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Please help.
Boiler, Oblomov liked this
Funnily enough a point Mrs A and I were discussing yester eve.

I am getting questions from teacher/head ex-pupils who are being sent back earlier than they are happy with - none of them are able to follow the government guidelines, or think they are realistic.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Its likely everyone will be on the same page in September so why is the government getting into a potentially hazardous political spat with teachers over six weeks of schooling in England? Doesn’t sound like the government is stepping up and that’s worrying.

By Oblomov
I reckon 6 weeks in a longish time in terms of surpressing virus transmission spread (i.e. will have a significant impact). I can't say the same about the economy restarting.
Kreuzberger elsewhere wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:26 pm
the mail ...(... swithering)
Well, that post aged well.
Attachments
EYz5nk_WAAIMDPZ.jpg
EYz5nk_WAAIMDPZ.jpg (108.02 KiB) Viewed 2009 times
For those who don't follow the old football, there's a phrase "he's lost the dressing room", basically the point at which players in an under-performing team lost the confidence in the manager to turn things around, and is usually attributed to the imminent removal of said manager. I think it's fairly safe to say with this headline that Cummings has started to lose the dressing room.
spoonman, Oblomov, youngian liked this

By Oblomov
bluebellnutter wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:48 pm
For those who don't follow the old football, there's a phrase "he's lost the dressing room", basically the point at which players in an under-performing team lost the confidence in the manager to turn things around, and is usually attributed to the imminent removal of said manager. I think it's fairly safe to say with this headline that Cummings has started to lose the dressing room.
I hope so, but the dressing room is stacked with Johnson sycophants and for whatever reason(s), Johnson wants to keep Cummings on.

Though that curiously orchestrated defence of him made them all look like muppets so maybe that will change.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Oblomov wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:53 am
bluebellnutter wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:48 pm
I hope so, but the dressing room is stacked with Johnson sycophants and for whatever reason(s), Johnson wants to keep Cummings on.

Though that curiously orchestrated defence of him made them all look like muppets so maybe that will change.
The other expression, in my beloved Scotland at any rate, used to describe a perhaps precarious employment situation of such a manager having lost the dressing room is "His jaicket is oan a shoogly peg".

The peg upon which Johnson's jacket is currently hanging has, I think possibly become a bit shoogly. Over to the 1922 committee to wrench it from the wall.
They may all look like muppets, but muppets with grace and favour residences, special branch bodyguards, and limousines.

I was watching an old Screenwipe the other day, in which Brooker interviewed Peter Oborne, who discussed the "career politicians" for whom it's all about the payoffs, the consultancies, the seats on the board, and the actual politics aren't much more than get rich quick. Rather prescient.

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The editorial isn't holding back, either:
Dominic Cummings has violated the spirit and letter of the lockdown. For the good of the government and the nation, Mr Cummings must resign. Or the prime minister must sack him. No ifs. No buts.
Priti Patel

There's an advertising hoarding near us that's alt[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

....and presumably similar zones at Felixstowe, Im[…]

Boris Johnson

Hiding behind Dildo's petticoats has gone down wel[…]

US election 2020

The "Trump Train". https://www.bbc.co.u[…]