Discussion of the more serious side of the Mail's agenda
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Paul
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#356751
Influx from Romania and Bulgaria has been 'reasonable', Cameron claims (but he has seen no official figures)




http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... l#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Kippers not having it.
#356760
Paul wrote:Influx from Romania and Bulgaria has been 'reasonable', Cameron claims (but he has seen no official figures)




http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... l#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Kippers not having it.
The tin foil hatters are out in force on that one.

Andrew Neil asked one of the Tory SELs on Sunday Politics why there had only been a trickle of Rom. & Bul. immigrants. He told Neil that no one had predicted a Romanian flood in January but masses could arrive here over a longer period of time. Stay tuned for that one.
#357808
Daily Mail Guilty Of Running 'Entirely Untrue' Stories About Immigration, Says Government Peer

The Huffington Post UK | By Ned Simons Posted: 03/02/2014 16:00 GMT | Updated: 03/02/2014 16:59 GMT

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/02 ... _hp_ref=tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
#358161
The Red Arrow wrote: Daily Mail Guilty Of Running 'Entirely Untrue' Stories About Immigration, Says Government Peer

The Huffington Post UK | By Ned Simons Posted: 03/02/2014 16:00 GMT | Updated: 03/02/2014 16:59 GMT

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/02 ... _hp_ref=tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You wait until Summer is imminent. That's when they will start flowing in.

They are hardly going to swarm in while the country could be flooded (with water) or frozen.
If they're bothered about the weather wouldn't they be going to Italy or Spain?
#358747
Up to 15 Romanian squatters found living in disused public TOILET where they slept on beds wedged into urinals

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2swSnqGTq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More than a hint of headline vs story about this one:
'At one point we were getting reports that there were up to 15 people coming and going,' a council spokesman said.

'We didn't find any passports but found some papers with names suggesting they were Romanian.'
#358754
Why would they live 15 to a toilet when OUR taxes pay for them to have mansions?

They live like kings at our expense, but at the same time look at them - aren't they dirty and poor?

I expect they have mansions but they'd rather live in toilets, like rats. Yeah, that'll be it. There should be camps for them.
#358794
The chorus of hate against immigrants dossing in disused toilets led by er immigrants-
minitell, Zürich, 1 hour ago
End of May are EU-Parliaments-elections! UK wake-up! When is the EU taking serious political influence in all such mislead and corrupt countries? Such toilet-multiculti-lifestyles are not at all needed in Europe!
+145
Lancashire lass, East London, South Africa, 1 hour ago
Opportunists they will steal from you whilst looking you in the eye. They stole electricity for goodness sake, which the law abiding citizen pays for. So they take chances now let them take themselves back to their own country.
+294
#358798
Messianic Trees wrote:Up to 15 Romanian squatters found living in disused public TOILET where they slept on beds wedged into urinals

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2swSnqGTq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More than a hint of headline vs story about this one:
'At one point we were getting reports that there were up to 15 people coming and going,' a council spokesman said.

'We didn't find any passports but found some papers with names suggesting they were Romanian.'
That last line reminds me of the probably apocryphal story of former Everton manager Gordon Lee bemoaning the plethora of foreign names entering English football. "How many times did you play for China, Mr Lee?" he was then asked.
  • 1
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

The Gammonball Run forgot to check if Middlesborou[…]

Jon Worth's having a go at decoding https://twitt[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

No. The Duke killed William's mum. Please keep u[…]

Jess Phillips

Looking at the latest fiasco unraveling this after[…]