Discussion of the more serious side of the Mail's agenda
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:The stupidity is depressing. Is this the best Britain can do?
Britain can do a lot better.
Al the comments (except the one form the USA) came from just one of the 4 nations of the UK.
Don't look, see whether you can guess which one.
By Big Rob
People just don't understand immigration.

The invention of the modern passport was a 20th century panic reaction to improvements in travel and communications technology. Governments did not, generally, have border controls before this.

One of the problems of effective border control is it can soon look like something to keep people in rather than stopping people coming in.
By ACG
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
daveinbrum wrote:
TurnOfTheScrew, Southampton, United Kingdom

I think they must have all come to Southampton then cos I ain't heard an English voice for months now.
Funny, I was in Southampton two weeks ago and I heard plenty...
Maybe he's been spending all his time at the docks...whist not understanding what a dock is.
None of the factors that saw the huge Polish migration were even applicable to the Romania/Bulgaria experience and explains, aprt from a bit of Crosby dog whistling, the Tories remained fairly calm over the issue.

It will make little difference to Farage's pitch who'll just move the catastrophe date further down the road. I noticed on Farage's last QT appearance that the Euro break-up is now ten years away.

And as for his core supporters they only have to hear a couple of conversations in Portugese in the supermarket to see the proof that our political elite are lying to us and these East Europeans and Muslims are flooding in.

But this is beside the point for UKIP as millions could still come here if they wanted to and this must be stopped by repatriating border powers. Which is all of course consequence free.
youngian wrote:None of the factors that saw the huge Polish migration were even applicable to the Romania/Bulgaria experience and explains, aprt from a bit of Crosby dog whistling, the Tories remained fairly calm over the issue.

It will make little difference to Farage's pitch who'll just move the catastrophe date further down the road. I noticed on Farage's last QT appearance that the Euro break-up is now ten years away.

And as for his core supporters they only have to hear a couple of conversations in Portugese in the supermarket to see the proof that our political elite are lying to us and these East Europeans and Muslims are flooding in.

But this is beside the point for UKIP as millions could still come here if they wanted to and this must be stopped by repatriating border powers. Which is all of course consequence free.

Indeed, there are more British citizens living in Europe than the combined number of Europeans living here. At the moment the Brits abroad enjoy the same benefits as the natives, what will happen to the Brits if we leave the EU?
null

Some might not be claiming Income Support etc but they all apparently either sell flowers on the streets or collect scrap metal.
Oh, hang on guys we were wrong. They all sell flowers and collect scrap. Apparently.
More than a quarter of the five million foreigners in UK from eastern Europe
Almost 700,000 Poles are in the UK - the biggest group of foreigners
But Britain is not Europe’s top destination for migrant workers
Germany attracting four times as many EU workers than the UK
Two armegeddon stats for Kippers and two not so bad ones (but bad enough) for the Tories

I see some readers want even more generous government subsidies for migrants by creating skilled public sector jobs for every one of them
Mr Grumpy old Git, Up North, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago
Bring in two years National Service for anyone wanting to migrate to the UK to milk our generous welfare system. They might learn to speak English in the process.

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
Quite aside from everything else, if this was to happen, then a lot of them would be billeted in one of the largest army camps in the country, a mere 15 miles down the A133 from the UKIPtopia that is Clacton.

In fact, some of them might choose not to live at Colchester Garrison, and live in Clacton. :mrgreen:
Sigh.

My £60,000 in benefits helped build my house: Romanian migrant boasts handouts from the UK have helped him construct home for wife and children in his homeland

This guy appears to be Roma. It's a fact that among many Eastern European Roma, due to centuries of persecution and to their seeing non-Roma as pretty much barbarians in many ways, that they are quite happy to take the stupid gadje for whatever they can get. (see Bury Me Standing by Isabel Fonseca, for example). So some of it's cultural; no doubt he feels that if the dumb gadje in the UK are handing out money and he can get some then of course he's going to take it, duh! Who wouldn't? And like so many other immigrants through the ages he is using the money he gets (and earns) to make things better for his family at home.

Of course not all Roma have this attitude and certainly not all Romanians (different to Roma, Mail readers, remember!) do either. But of course as far as the Mail is concerned you get one dickhead boasting about how he built his house with YOUR money and that means they're all like that.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Solicitor General Boris backer Lucy Frazer claimed[…]

Morrissey also says a few things about the Cure f[…]

It's a bit much to call it a Freudian slip I agree[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

You know my stance - I'd block you if I co[…]