•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Horror in Calais as Polish drifter heading for Britain rapes and kills girl, nine, after snatching her from playground in front of her terrified mother
Polish immigrant, who was heading to England, has admitted to killing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3XaTRMtR1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's a "foreigners coming here and taking our jobs" angle.

The reality is that he put in a higher bid to the council for the patch. The fact he's Polish is completely irrelevant. Nothing against Tommy, the original seller, he's simply the victim of a "highest bidder wins" policy.

Still, Mailites aren't happy at all, are feeling persecuted and want to put the new guy out of business.

It's cold war! Elderly ice cream seller is forced off the seaside patch he has held for 47 years to make way for a Polish rival
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rival.html
‘It’s absolutely devastating - Tommy was actually crying when he started telling me about it. He works in a few different villages but this is his home and he is a part of everyone’s family.’

Mrs Harmison added that he even sells ice cream in winter and lets children pay him back the next day if they don’t have enough money. He has served her husband Ronnie, 35, since he was a baby.

She continued: ‘Most of us have never known it any other way. Tommy even gave my sons their first ever ice cream. I’d never seen the new van before yesterday.

'All I know is that it’s run by a Polish man. Tommy told me he wants to retire in a couple of years but he wants to retire happy, and he can’t do that knowing that he’s been pushed out.’

Mr (Tommy) Brash, who is married with two children and five grandchildren, said: ‘The car park used to belong to freeholders and I would pay them £100 per year. They always looked after local people.

‘Three or four years ago the council took over the car park. I knew rent would go up and that they were strapped for cash, so I started paying £700 a year.

‘This year I sent off my tender as usual to apply for another year’s licence in this spot, but I found out last month that I was unsuccessful. I was absolutely devastated.

A council spokesman said: ‘The council offers businesses the right to trade from these locations by following a competitive process based on a three-year cycle, with businesses submitting a sealed bid for each consecutive year in the period advertised.

‘The allocation is then awarded to the highest bidder for that location.
‘This is a standard process to ensure that businesses are given an equal opportunity to trade and which also generates income that helps support the provision of council services.’
harpreet bassi, London, United Kingdom, 2 minutes ago
i thought they were car washing people
+20 -3
The Crachach, Pontcanna, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
Another reason to VOTE OUT OF the EU!
+203 -29
johnfez, Sanford, United States, 48 minutes ago
Another disgraceful way we treat our own. I hope the other guy's ice cream melts. Sick of pandering to these people. I bet if we tried that in Poland, or another country, it would never happen.
+131 -8
Billy Noall, London, United Kingdom, 29 minutes ago
Don't buy from the pole. Simple
+109 -9
Stopwhinging10, Kent, United Kingdom, 20 minutes ago
Yet more skilless migrant leaches
+85 16
Tigertank, Mansfield, United Kingdom, 23 minutes ago
Don't even think of buying from the poles
+64 -13
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:It's a "foreigners coming here and taking our jobs" angle.

The reality is that he put in a higher bid to the council for the patch. The fact he's Polish is completely irrelevant. Nothing against Tommy, the original seller, he's simply the victim of a "highest bidder wins" policy.

Still, Mailites aren't happy at all, are feeling persecuted and want to put the new guy out of business.

It's cold war! Elderly ice cream seller is forced off the seaside patch he has held for 47 years to make way for a Polish rival
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rival.html
‘It’s absolutely devastating - Tommy was actually crying when he started telling me about it. He works in a few different villages but this is his home and he is a part of everyone’s family.’

Mrs Harmison added that he even sells ice cream in winter and lets children pay him back the next day if they don’t have enough money. He has served her husband Ronnie, 35, since he was a baby.

She continued: ‘Most of us have never known it any other way. Tommy even gave my sons their first ever ice cream. I’d never seen the new van before yesterday.

'All I know is that it’s run by a Polish man. Tommy told me he wants to retire in a couple of years but he wants to retire happy, and he can’t do that knowing that he’s been pushed out.’

Mr (Tommy) Brash, who is married with two children and five grandchildren, said: ‘The car park used to belong to freeholders and I would pay them £100 per year. They always looked after local people.

‘Three or four years ago the council took over the car park. I knew rent would go up and that they were strapped for cash, so I started paying £700 a year.

‘This year I sent off my tender as usual to apply for another year’s licence in this spot, but I found out last month that I was unsuccessful. I was absolutely devastated.

A council spokesman said: ‘The council offers businesses the right to trade from these locations by following a competitive process based on a three-year cycle, with businesses submitting a sealed bid for each consecutive year in the period advertised.

‘The allocation is then awarded to the highest bidder for that location.
‘This is a standard process to ensure that businesses are given an equal opportunity to trade and which also generates income that helps support the provision of council services.’
harpreet bassi, London, United Kingdom, 2 minutes ago
i thought they were car washing people
+20 -3
The Crachach, Pontcanna, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
Another reason to VOTE OUT OF the EU!
+203 -29
Another disgraceful way we treat our own. I hope the other guy's ice cream melts. Sick of pandering to these people. I bet if we tried that in Poland, or another country, it would never happen.
+131 -8
Billy Noall, London, United Kingdom, 29 minutes ago
Don't buy from the pole. Simple
+109 -9
Stopwhinging10, Kent, United Kingdom, 20 minutes ago
Yet more skilless migrant leaches
+85 16
Tigertank, Mansfield, United Kingdom, 23 minutes ago
Don't even think of buying from the poles
+64 -13
+131 -8
Will you tell johnfez that Ben & Jerry's is indeed available in Poland or shall I?
Rival: Mr Brash, who plans to retire in three years, has been replaced by the other ice cream man (pictured)
I blurred candid shot of 'the Polish man' compared to newspaper quality ones of Tommy. Obviously he is a dangerous foreign thug so best not get too close or even ask for his name.
Now foreigners in Britain's most segregated town get their OWN police officer: Boston in Lincolnshire to dedicate half-Polish bobby solely to eastern Europeans

If they had an officer who speaks Polish, this makes good sense to me. But not to Mailites.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z46Ndk66Rw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The ice cream man story is rumbling on!

To be fair to the previous ice cream man who's lost his 'patch' he does seem to keep reiterating that this is nothing personal against the new 'Polish' ice cream man. Albeit with a bit of a sense of entitlement.

Really, it's the Daily Mail trying to paint the new guy out to be a bad guy.....who it appears may not be Polish after alL!
The new ice cream man, who was thought to be Polish but is now thought to be Iraqi, has refused to comment. He has not been named.
Ice cream war is hotting up! Storm as new arrival hikes prices and protesters call for old seller to get his pitch back
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -back.html

The new guy:

Sydd, Alban, United Kingdom, 10 hours ago
Careful there. You may end up breaking some EU rule by campaigning to get the old guy back. It's not your country--not with the EU in charge. I'm voting OUT OUT OUT.
1107 -101
The99percent, UK, United Kingdom, 9 hours ago
Don't buy from the rival and if he/she isn't making money then they won't stick around. Play the long game Tommy
1441 -29
clive walford, Vung Tau, Vietnam, 6 hours ago
Take our country back vote out
+619 -53
A rapist protected by police and the neglected mining town in the East Midlands that has turned into Little Poland

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4810mFCAC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I don't know how much time the Mail's reporter spent in Shirebrook but he has managed to paint an extremely distorted picture of what life is like in the town. Much as I dislike the way in which Mike Ashley conducts his business there is no disputing the fact that before his Sports Direct company arrived in town, Shirebrook was well an truly on it's knees.

Over half the shops in the town were permanently boarded up, the local secondary school had an appalling reputation and crime in the area was extremely high. Over the last 10 years there has been a rise in the number of Eastern Europeans to the town but their arrival has had largely had a positive impact on the area.

More shops have now opened in the town including an Aldi so people from outside the area are visiting the town to use the shops and the Sports Direct store, the Polish shops have not replaced existing shops they have opened up in building that have not been occupied for years. The old crumbling secondary school has been replaced by a new state of the art school which has received a good OFSTED report. Local youngsters now see that if they work hard at school jobs are now available in the area and the town generally seems to be thriving.
Damned Polacks. Coming over here and helping to improve the lives of True and Loyal BRITONS. How dare they!
Wealthy suburb of London stockbroker belt is under siege from a new breed of spree burglars who carry out meticulously planned and swiftly executed operations
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... glary.html

Police believe gangs of varying nationalities are involved, but others in nearby Bromley and beyond may involve Eastern European, or even South American, gangs tempted by rich pickings in a country they regard as a soft touch.

Takenaback, Bedford, United Kingdom, 11 hours ago
This is because we have no idea who we are letting into this country. Australia at least have the balls to demand checks on your status or throw you out or leave you on an island in the ocean until you can prove who you are and your background. U.K. Be like Australia- grow some nuts!
+4279 -119
Elainemayb, Lincoln, United Kingdom, 11 hours ago
This what you get by letting people into the country without vetting them first, things will get worse.
+2974 -62
Desertrat001, Lincoln, United Kingdom, 11 hours ago
Yet more "valuable " contributions from the immigrant "community".
+2351 -61
Rob, Warrington, United Kingdom, 11 hours ago
Reap what you sow, you wanted them all here.
+1559 -77
Twiglet18, Near Stevenage, United Kingdom, 11 hours ago
The "much needed workforce from abroad" perhaps?
+1538 -19
The__Major, Torquay, United Kingdom, 11 hours ago
Three guesses what nationality they are.
+1411 -51
Caroljane21, London, 11 hours ago
Stop the immigration. Send people home if they break OUR laws
+1275 -17
Charlie57, Warrington, United Kingdom, 11 hours ago
Let¿s have a guess where they are from Mrs May We all know do t we and are useless police cannot protect anyone other than the criminal What a pathetic country we turned out to be
+806 -19
Thank God we never saw any of our criminals emigrating to Spain or the like. Then we'd look really hypocritical.
spoonman liked this
The Trump Presidency

Sadly, quoting Baltimore at these people is a wast[…]

Momentum

Momentum strongly criticized here by neoliberal au[…]

Endangering Democracy

And Dr Ault leaps to the conclusion that "thi[…]

Labour, Generally.

Personal right to anonymity? I think the lion's […]