•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Lorry driver who crushed 13-year-old girl under his truck as he texted girlfriend could be released in just THREE months
Hope Fennell was crossing road on her bike when HGV ploughed into her
Darren Foster, 38, tried to delete texts he'd just sent as she died on street
He was jailed for dangerous driving and perverting the course of justice
Are Mailites foaming at the mouth? Yes.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.
Para 19
Mr Murray said: ‘He does feel he was responsible, even though there are no criminal charges (over Hope’s death) as he was the one behind the wheel.
Judge Andrew Menary, QC, said if Foster had been responsible for Hope’s death a sentence of ‘years and not months’ would have been handed down.
He said: ‘I accept you would have not been able to see Hope as she moved into the carriageway, you were not to blame.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2eOW5Kmca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
And the use of language, 'ploughed into her' - suggesting that it was a frontal collision, whereas reading the admittedly garbled text it looks as though she rode into the road from the pavement and hit the side of the truck behind the driver - which is why it was accepted that he could not have seen her.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
This judge should be struck off; this man is guilty of killing that poor girl. Her poor mother has to live with this for the rest of her life. if this person had stolen money he would have got years. what price do we put on life?
- Martin62 , Peterborough, United Kingdom, 09/9/2013 16:00
Click to rate Rating 67
No he isn't. He wasn't even charged with that.
As he pleaded guilty last February, I can find no explanation of why he wasn't sentenced much earlier.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
I wonder if the judge would have given the same sentence if it was his daughter?
- Nay, GB, 9/9/2013 22:40
Click to rate Rating 22
:roll:
Planet Mailtard. Where judges are allowed to preside over trials involving family members, and there are no sentencing guidelines or appeal courts.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Painter, 40, dies from 'massive caffeine overdose' after eating energy mints he bought from a sweet shop
She gave the medical cause of death as caffeine toxicity but said Mr Jackson, a heavy drinker, also had cirrhosis of the liver which had played a part in the tragedy, leaving him unable to absorb the stimulant properly.
Is anyone going to play the "What about the children" card.
Amanda, 27, added: 'My daughter is eight. If she was going to go in and buy them she wouldn't think they were going to harm her.'
But they cost £4.00

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2hPKu68qj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
In fairness, that stuff can be fucking mental.

A couple of weeks back, I had a very late one for which I was ill-prepared and necked a packet of what must have been around three grammes. I felt like I had been hit by a truckload of narcotics.

I don't think I am the naivest person on the planet, either, but if something is available for €1.50 at the sweetie-counter, you really don't expect a belt like that.

By davidjay
Membership Days Posts
Today's entry for There's Always One:
Roger1370, England, 1 hour ago
All these products should be banned, we don't need them. My grandad fought in world wars without needing energy boosting supplements, people nowadays just need to man up and get on with life.

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:Today's entry for There's Always One:
Roger1370, England, 1 hour ago
All these products should be banned, we don't need them. My grandad fought in world wars without needing energy boosting supplements, people nowadays just need to man up and get on with life.

Apart from the gallons of caffeine packed tea and fags.

It might have been a piss take.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Orange sends mother £1,100 bill for downloading just FIVE minutes of cartoon for her sick three-year-old son while on holiday in Turkey
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... urkey.html
'It's absolutely disgusting,' she said.

'My three-year-old son had been crying for nearly six days because of an ear infection.

'He is mad for Madagascar and I knew it was the only thing that might get him to calm down.
'I turned on data roaming for about five minutes and started to download it and got about 18 per cent.
etc etc

And the very last line of the article:
A spokesman said: 'Customers are automatically capped to ensure they are not charged more than £51 for roaming data in a given month.

'In this instance the customer contacted Orange to opt out of the cap.'
Also, 18% is only 5 minutes of the film....?

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Unless the wording can work both ways I think the headline is saying she downloaded 5 minutes of the film, rather than a 5 minute download of a film. Not sure whether that's intentional or not.

On this occasion, much like the majority of Sad Face stories, I'm not sure she deserves much sympathy.
Jeremy Corbyn.

Progress: after Corbyn's speech this morning, it[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

BREXIT BOMBSHELL: Terrified EU to be forced in[…]

The Sun

"It's terrible seeing foreign rich people try[…]

Nigel Farage

Farage can't drive in case his wheel nuts are tamp[…]