•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
This is regarding the Hatton Garden heist.

I don't quite understand how their attitude towards the crime ties in with their usual demand for very tough justice and their usually quite graphic wishes of what should happen to criminals....

solomon, sheffield, United Kingdom, 24 minutes ago
legends!
+118 -13
theGREATESTbritain, London, United Kingdom, 25 minutes ago
I can't help it, but smile with them.... :-)
+95 -11
pga, london, 24 minutes ago
Nicely done and well played. Always good to see non-violent crimes pay off.
+85 -20

Is it maybe:

* Reminds them of Good Old Days™ crimes?
* British criminals rather than Romanians, which would garner a very different reaction?
* Getting one over on the rich?
* ^ Rich Jews?!

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Agnes wrote:Too many Ealing comedies when they were children, maybe.
Not to dismiss there being some underlying hatred in mailites' minds, but I think there is a ring of truth to that thought. That these audacious, lovable rogues are invariably violent thugs doesn't seem to register.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Propah nawty but loved their mums. Looked after their own. Never stole from their own, mainly because there was nothing to steal. Etc.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
I hate animal cruelty with a passion, but fucking hell......

Yob’s sick grin caught on CCTV after he stole and tortured 200 rare birds and posted carcasses through letterboxes
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... boxes.html
yorkshireman, leeds, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
kill him.
+53 -1
cokonner, poole, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
kill him.
+34 -1

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Man, 45, who was jailed for a year when he snapped and punched girl, 11, playing 'knock-and-run' is released early after appeals court says sentence was 'too harsh'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... harsh.html

Bearing this in mind....
Lee Kilburn snapped when the youngsters kept knocking on his front door and running away, as he was trying to comfort his partner who had just been diagnosed with a terminal illness.
Perhaps a suspended sentence would have been more compassionate. It was a terrible time for him. I can appreciate the strain he was under. But still....
The girl suffered a broken nose and needed surgery after Kilburn caught up with her and punched her twice in the face, the court was told.
I get the impression the Mailites aren't really taking into account his circumstances...they just seem to believe it's okay to break a kids nose because 'youth of today'.

I'd have thought 'Knock & Run' would've reminded them of the Good Old Days where kids were safe to go play outside and have some harmless fun.
Lxce192, Glasgow, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
I don't blame him! No way should he have got a jail sentence, kids these days are horrors!!
+4568 -333
Londonlife, London, 3 hours ago
Finally common sense prevails for once in the justice system.
+2431 -162
Jerry, Jersey, 2 hours ago
The mother should have taught better manners to her child, then it would not have happened
+1872 -56

computer09, London, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
Would you say the same if it was your daughter?
+145 -907
Go ahead and break her nose, apparently.

[/quote] SunLife one, that is. At the start of the[…]

Priti Patel

A lecture on patriotism from disgraced ex-minister[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

"Army stuff" was a factor, I believe.

Labour, Generally.

I mean, fucking hell. Go and pick some litter up o[…]